AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bose SoundTouch 300 w/300 Sub or Sony 5000

Maybe moving up to a 4K Ultra HD so an upgraded soundbar system will be necessary.

The Bose SoundTouch 300 w/300 Bass Module (sub)and the Sony 5000 System are at the top of our list. Which do you recommend?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..... Anyone out there?

·
Registered
153 Posts
This forum tends to not have a lot of feedback at times, especially compared to the Display forum. I would suggest reading the Sony 5K thread, seems like a number of units need repair. Not familiar with the Bose setup but the high end soundbars like Nakamichi are referenced quite a bit.

I just picked up last week a non-Atmos Samsung MS750 with 700 subwoofer and rear surrounds as I have a huge vaulted ceiling room which is not ideal for Atmos applications and wanted to go wireless as much as possible....frankly extremely happy with the sound and pleasantly surprised coming from an older but still cranking Onkyo SR-805 AVR and Paradigm speakers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe moving up to a 4K Ultra HD so an upgraded soundbar system will be necessary.

The Bose SoundTouch 300 w/300 Bass Module (sub)and the Sony 5000 System are at the top of our list. Which do you recommend?
I see you have the Bose ST130, I had the Bose ST120 and switched out to the Soundtouch 300 with 300 sub last month. Love it, the sound is awesome, and the sub makes it even better. Great sound field throughout our family room. I liked the 120, but bass was serious lacking, and the sound field was not as wide as I wanted. I have had no problems whatsoever with the ST300 hooked up to my Sony 4k XBR65X930D via HDMI ARC, with cable box, Sony 4k Blu-ray, and Apple TV all going in to TV via HDMI. Wireless works flawlessly, can get music from all over the world. Only other soundbar that seems to rival the ST300 is the Sonos Playbar, but it does not have an HDMI input or output, only optical. Bose has both....good luck.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you have the Bose ST130, I had the Bose ST120 and switched out to the Soundtouch 300 with 300 sub last month. Love it, the sound is awesome, and the sub makes it even better. Great sound field throughout our family room. I liked the 120, but bass was serious lacking, and the sound field was not as wide as I wanted. I have had no problems whatsoever with the ST300 hooked up to my Sony 4k XBR65X930D via HDMI ARC, with cable box, Sony 4k Blu-ray, and Apple TV all going in to TV via HDMI. Wireless works flawlessly, can get music from all over the world. Only other soundbar that seems to rival the ST300 is the Sonos Playbar, but it does not have an HDMI input or output, only optical. Bose has both....good luck.
Thank you for a thorough reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts