AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CEO of our company has a huge office currently with a Bose Lifestyle system installed. All the speakers around mounted in various spots on the wall and all the wiring was ran in the walls while it was getting sheetrocked. Now, his receiver has quit and he needs a new system. Is it possible to use the current Bose speakers with a different brand receiver (Marantz, Denon)? Re-routing all the speaker wires w/in the walls is really not an option with the timeframe we were given. Is there adapters I can use or any other work arounds? Thanks!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Speakers should work with any receiver. The bass module, as memory serves is sometimes the problem. It may have Bose specific connections. Ideally it would have a line level input to be used with a receiver.

What's the exact model number of this system?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/20867336

Speakers should work with any receiver. The bass module, as memory serves is sometimes the problem. It may have Bose specific connections. Ideally it would have a line level input to be used with a receiver.

What's the exact model number of this system?

Hi, I've the simillar querry of bose speakers with different AV R. Can Denon 1912 be clubbed with Bose "Acoustimass 15 series IV? Is it good combination?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would NOT use room correction with Bose's passive sub systems. however, you can buy an adapter for a few dollors that will allow you to use the Bose RCA plugs with a standard amp connector... just do a google search for them. There is a theard somewhere on AVS that talks about this in the last two weeks, as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.