AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to turn off the horrible "soap opera effect" on this ridiculous $5K abomination my parents just bought? I've gone through all the settings menus as well as the instruction manual but I can't find anything. I realize Bose can't have sold more than like two of these so my chances are slim, but can anyone offer any help? Thanks.

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
594 Posts
LG calls is Trumotion. Find out what Bose calls it an turn it off, if possible.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Just for fun I looked at the owner's manual from Bose customer support. The set has 2 picture modes, one for bright rooms and one for dark rooms. The manual says these are adjusted at the factory and should not need any changes. There are only the most basic adjustments in the user menu--Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, Sharpness. I could find no way to turn off stuff like digital noise reduction and certainly no way to defeat frame interpolation. In other words, all the stuff we're used to seeing under "advanced settings" on other makes are not accessible on the Bose.

Correction: there are Gamma and RGB color controls--the manual cautions they should only be adjusted by a trained technician.

This is in keeping with their usual policy of making everything as easy as possible for rich folks with no technical knowledge.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Christ. Would it be so terribly awful if they included a simple Yes/No option for "Do you want everything to look like you just shot it yourself on a handicam?" well, thanks for checking into that. I guess if it doesn't bother my parents then I should just be...happy...too...for them. Blurgh.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule /forum/post/20772328

$5000? That's hilarious! Bose never ceases to amaze me with its stupidity.

They are not stupid. They are making lots of money from well to do people.

Also, they are big in giving to charities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.