AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been informed that I may need to focus my 5.1 speaker research on in-wall models. In fact I was asked to comment on the Bose Virtually Invisible speakers. I have no experience with these speakers.

How are they? Good choice for a 5.1 system? Is there something better I might want to look into? The budget is probably a little flexible.

In-walls that are potentially part of a timbre-matched 5.1 set from the same manufacturer would be the strong preference, especially if the option exists to use the same exact model for all 5.0 speakers.

Don't hold punches. I am not a brand name afficionado.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Put Bose in the search engine. All the comments about their speakers pretty much hold true to their in-walls as well

Checked out HTD.com, people seem to like those. Or if you have a higher budget look at Triad

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/0

Checked out HTD.com, people seem to like those.

Okay, thanks. Anyone else able to offer comments on HTD's speakers? I had been told to try to avoid speakers which use the wall itself as the speaker enclosure. Presumably it's a Bad Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/0

Or if you have a higher budget look at Triad

Yeah. I looked at those. Sadly, since this is just for non-primary listening (living room and bedroom), I doubt the budget would go as high as ~$2300 per set.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Home theater direct is FANTASTIC, I have set of the level two bookshelves and absolutely love them. Unfortunately it seems that only much higher priced in wall models seem to have their own dedicated enclosure. I am not an expert on in-walls, I do not own any nor have I ever extensively compared any. Best of luck though!

·
Registered
501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM /forum/post/0

Nothing by Bose is ever recommended!

I guess the man never heard of the US military. Sounds like the man could coin the expression "Bose you" instead of "F.....you". I guess we mean that no one as smart or well informed would ever utter the name....again, forever,...from now till perpetuity...the end of the world as we know it......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.