AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 394 Posts

·
Banned
16,232 Posts
It is a first hand account, which clearly indicates personal involvement. I meant that it was a first person account.
While likely a first person account, it isn't necessarily a first person account, he could be simply be relaying his father's account..."it was hard work making this sub in NC's hot and humid summer" still isn't necessarily a first person account....at least not in English. Just sayin'.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
Here ya go man. This is Bosso's Ilkka sub. It's 20- 6-1/2" drivers in push/pull configuration. It's fed 1000W. It was hard work making this sub in NC's hot and humid summer.
Hmm. That's an odd name for it. I remember this build. It was cool. Dave was trying out some sort of MBM to mate in with an older cylinder system a few years ago. I'd love to find the old thread for this one. It looked great! Guess he kind of gave up on the idea of using a 2-way bass system.

Those waterfalls are pretty inaccurate. Time smear is intense, and transient detail is missing. Bosso recently proved those settings are pretty bad.
Heh. Only a matter of time. :D

That or an employee. Look at how he gives a first person account when describing building "Bosso's Illka sub".
Earlier in the thread it seemed pretty obvious he's the son. That's not necessarily first person, though. :)
Shreds vernacular is what gave him away to me. ;)

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
While likely a first person account, it isn't necessarily a first person account, he could be simply be relaying his father's account..."it was hard work making this sub in NC's hot and humid summer" still isn't necessarily a first person account....at least not in English. Just sayin'.
Well then he should have used quotes or used a phrase like, "I'm told..." That would indicate a retelling of someone else's account a opposed to his own. I stand by my assertion that the words used in the way they were indicative of personal involvement.

BTW, I have no idea why you're arguing this with me. Must be a slow night or something. :confused:

·
Registered
875 Posts
So why does Bosso have a surrogate stirring things up with JPC and posting quasi undercover as a disinterested third party? The whole SpectrumLab thread is a debacle.
I'm Bosso's kid. It's not a secret to anyone who read this thread or many others. Bosso doesn't post here anymore because he hates what AVS has turned into in the past few years and to be honest, I'm starting to see his point. I don't have any intention of stirring things up with JPC, if I had my way we'd never converse again but that is kind of hard to do when the guy follows me around poking at me. He can go talk to Bosso directly about his settings anytime he wants but for some reason he doesn't.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
I'm Bosso's kid. It's not a secret to anyone who read this thread or many others. Bosso doesn't post here anymore because he hates what AVS has turned into in the past few years and to be honest, I'm starting to see his point. I don't have any intention of stirring things up with JPC, if I had my way we'd never converse again but that is kind of hard to do when the guy follows me around poking at me. He can go talk to Bosso directly about his settings anytime he wants but for some reason he doesn't.
AVS Forum, itself, is not a negative entity. All he has to do is put those that annoy him on the 'ignore' list. It's pretty easy. One click.

Would be nice to keep him around but I guess I'll just have to go elsewhere to follow his work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Right side... check. Left side... check. Amps... check.
SPECTACULAR......I hate to use all "CAPS", but O.M.G. this is cool as a Veyron !!
We need more of this ......Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here ya go man. This is Bosso's Ilkka sub. It's 20- 6-1/2" drivers in push/pull configuration. It's fed 1000W. It was hard work making this sub in NC's hot and humid summer.

Words & Pix can't do enough justice!.....This is really a MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) design & execution.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
AVS Forum, itself, is not a negative entity. All he has to do is put those that annoy him on the 'ignore' list. It's pretty easy. One click.
But then there wouldn't be anyone left to argue with. :D

In the spirit of arguing, how do you ignore someone with only one click, or are you a keyboard shortcut sort of guy? :p

·
Registered
904 Posts
Did Bosso bought those HST15s that special made by Nick? and upgrade all his 15" to HST15s ?
He never said if he permanently acquired the HST-15's but Nick brought them over to test out in his Raptor enclosures with great success.
Haha, the HST-15's are not "special made" by me...they just aren't on the web page because I haven't had the time to take pictures of them and put them on the web page. Some times it sucks to be a small boutique company because I don't have employees running around taking care of that stuff. Once I'm done with these recent OEM orders I'll build another HST-15, take pictures of it, and put it on the web page.

I don't think Bosso is going to retro-fit his Raptors with HST-15's. The drivers he is currently using fit the bill nicely and the HST-15 is a bit overkill unless only one Raptor module is wanted/needed for a room. Lots of output from the DO HST-15 loaded Raptor module. :D

Thankfully Bosso lives one city away from me so I'll go pick up the HST-15's once Bosso has given the drivers an extensive thrashing, I mean testing. :cool: That, and I didn't want to lug them back downstairs and into my car again at the end of the meet.

161 - 180 of 394 Posts