AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Sorry about the other thread, it had a typo in the title)

Sup! From the looks of this forum, it appears you all have quite a few rocket scientists on AVS.

Ok, here is the deal... I was cleaning out some old electronic gear and I accidentally threw away my "data" cable that connects my BA Avidea 770 sub to its receiver. I called tech support and they told me that the part number was 2010IDT but that it was discontinued.

The cable in question looks like an old serial printer cable and without it I lose some major system functionality as the sub acts as the central node and crossover for the 6.1 satellites. I could ditch the sub and run the satellites directly to my receiver but I was very pleased with the setup I originally purchased that came with an aftermarket "octopus" that connected the "missing" cable to my receiver.

Here are what I consider my solutions...(any advice would be greatly appreciated)

1. Ditch the sub and run the satellites directly to a receiver that has a crossover. (I lose whatever magical circuitry that was embedded in the sub).

2. Find a replacement "data" cable...(Google results came up empty on a 2010IDT query)....I would like to find out if this is a BA specific cable or if the pin layout is as such that I could order something online. I am at a loss b/c I really don't remember exactly what the connectors looked like.

3. Get a wiring diagram and hard wire the sub to the "octopus"...(I have never soldered before but I am willing to pay someone to do the work).

4. Put everything back in the closet and be miserable.

Anyone out there know about the Avidea 770s and care to help me out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

HI MY FRIEND ,

IM VICTOR ANDS I THINK I CAN HELP U WITH THAT PIECE U NEED OF THE BOSTON ACOUSTIC AVIDEA SERIES. I BOUGH THIS BOSTON ACOUSTIC FROM A STATE SALE FOR $100 BUCKS. THOUGHT IT WAS A REAL GOOD DEAL. BOSTON SPEAKERS ARE VERY GOOD BRAND FOR ME. BUT ENYWAY. THE SYSTEM DID NOT WORK BUT I KEPT IT. CUS THE SPEAKERS SOUND GREAT. BUT I KEPT THE WIRING AND IT DOES COME WITH THE ONE YOUR MISSING.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF U STILL NEED IT.

THNX.

REGARDS,

VICTOR G.

760-613-0226

1 - 6 of 6 Posts