AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2 floorstanding Sony SS-MF315 connected to my Pioneer tuner which I use for 95% music, 5% movies, which I watch in Stereo and am happy with. However, all of this is in my bedroom and I would like to un-clutter the place and get some bookshelves that sound at least as good as the sony's and put them on the shelf. The Sony's sound OK, I had them for 10 years. I had to re-glue one of them because it started rattling very bad. The speakers will pop if you give them too much power, and their finish looks cheap.

I have not listened to either of these speakers, the Boston or the Infinity. Next Saturday I will be able to drive to a store an hour from here to listen to the Boston, but there is no store nearby that has infinity. I like the finish on the Cherry BA speaker. The Infinity only comes in black. If the sound quality and bass on the Infinity is superior than the BA I can live with it. If need be I can get a sub later for bass. The pictures of the BA look great. They look like they are built very solid. The pictures of the Infinity look cheap. But it could just be the photo. What do you all think? BA, or Infinity. I would probably order them at Crutchfield.

·
The Village Idiot
9,718 Posts
I've never heard the BAs, but I have heard the Infinity P162s. They have decent bass and should work well in a small room. The mids and highs are also very good. Almost as good as the Infinity Beta 20s.

·
Registered
Revel M22 & C32, JBL P520WS, Revel W563 & Infinity ERS 110II, SVS SB-2000 (x2), Anthem MRX 720
750 Posts
I'll ditto Knucklehead. I also have a pair of 162s. I was surprised by the bass extension. They certainly are not covered in a top quality veneer, if that's important to you. Money has been cut on cabinet and appearance for sure, but sonically, you're getting A LOT for peanuts. I personally prefer them with the silver grilles--makes them look nicer than with black.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts