AVS Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 3380 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21404860

The CR C7 is the match

Interesting. Do you know if it's light enough to mount to a wall and if $89 is a good price for a used but good one?

Also, any opinions on the CR8s? I'm thinking of getting a pair for my bedroom and moving the CR67s to the Living room. I'm guessing they are bigger, but I'm having a hard time info on them. Anyone know there woofer size and dimensions?

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swolfcg /forum/post/21404898

Interesting. Do you know if it's light enough to mount to a wall and if $89 is a good price for a used but good one?

Also, any opinions on the CR8s? I'm thinking of getting a pair for my bedroom and moving the CR67s to the Living room. I'm guessing they are bigger, but I'm having a hard time info on them. Anyone know there woofer size and dimensions?

The center has a key hole bracket on the back, and weighs around 11 lbs

The CR8 should have a 7" woofer. They are somewhere around 15 x 8 1/2 x 10 1/2

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21404975

The center has a key hole bracket on the back, and weighs around 11 lbs

The CR8 should have a 7" woofer. They are somewhere around 15 x 8 1/2 x 10 1/2

I'm guessing all the speakers in the CR line sound about the same. I've only read glowing reviews for the CR67. The CR7 is a 6" woofer I presume. Is the only difference between all these is the woofer size? I'm thinking the CR7 might look good to pick up for my 2.1 set up and forget the center. Add the CR67s to my LR surround.

Sorry, I thought the bigger the number, the bigger the woofer size. Not exactly true I guess. So the CR67 and CR7 have the same woofer size.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have an old pair of CR5's that I want to use as rear surrounds and a CRC center speaker. What speakers in BA's current lineup with be a good match to serve as my mains? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just wanted to share a shot of my vs260. Barely any user pictures on the web. I was concerned about the unique shape of the vs260 and how it would stay on my 6" x 6" speaker stand. It worked out very well at the end.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Well it is as I feared... looks like the floorstanders are sold out and have been removed from the Vanns site.
Looks like my VS set-up will be forever incomplete, knew I should have got them first, but I don't have room for them right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got my BA Classic CS2310 5.1 setup today. I use a Denon AVR-591 receiver.

Does anyone know what settings (crossover freq., etc.) I should tweak in the receiver?

The only info I found on one pro review said to change the sub's crossover to 80Hz, which I set in the receiver and on the sub itself.

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz04 /forum/post/21419546

I just got my BA Classic CS2310 5.1 setup today. I use a Denon AVR-591 receiver.

Does anyone know what settings (crossover freq., etc.) I should tweak in the receiver?

The only info I found on one pro review said to change the sub's crossover to 80Hz, which I set in the receiver and on the sub itself.

Change it to 120 hz

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21419846

Change it to 120 hz

Ok done for the sub thru the receiver, but on the sub itself it only gives 40hz, 80hz and 180hz on the dial for choices.

Also, the speaker crossover freq. on the receiver is set to 80Hz. Should I change that as well?

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz04 /forum/post/21419936

Also, the speaker crossover freq. on the receiver is set to 80Hz. Should I change that as well?

Set the speakers to 120 - and the sub dial to 180

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21419943

Yes, and make sure the speakers are set to small

Thank you for the help. Much appreciated.

And about the sub's freq. dial being only able to do 40, 80 or 180. Does that matter what it's set at since the receiver is already at 120?

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz04 /forum/post/21420004

Thank you for the help. Much appreciated.

And about the sub's freq. dial being only able to do 40, 80 or 180. Does that matter what it's set at since the receiver is already at 120?

Put it on 180, for the fun of it

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Can the VS260s hold their own in a 2.0 setup without a sub? What if I enjoy uplifting vocal trance? If they need a sub, which would you recommend?

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile /forum/post/21422783

Can the VS260s hold their own in a 2.0 setup without a sub? What if I enjoy uplifting vocal trance? If they need a sub, which would you recommend?

The Boston has good strong bass for music - it may, or may not be

enough for you - for a musical sub, the VPS210
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

·
Registered
684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh400 /forum/post/0

I have an old pair of CR5's that I want to use as rear surrounds and a CRC center speaker. What speakers in BA's current lineup with be a good match to serve as my mains? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bump.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I would think the current Classic Series II would be a good fit. It uses the same basic tweeter design and that is most important for matching speakers--to me anyway. It's the reason I felt comfortable with the VRC to go with my VR-Ms in my HT.

·
Registered
19,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh400 /forum/post/21405357

Check Ebay for the CR7 and CR9 speakers
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

2201 - 2220 of 3380 Posts