AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is really into Boston acoustics. He convinced me to piece together a setup. Yesterday he called me and said I should buy this center speaker. He told me he has a vr12 but he thinks this vr14 is better. I have searched on these forums a bit but haven't found to much about it because not many people seem to have it.

What would be a good price to pay for a Boston vr14 on eBay? What should be my max bid? How often do they come up for sale (will I be able to bid on another one in a few weeks if I lose this one)?

I currently have my friend's older vr3's for mains.

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Acoustics...item35ae7b2a04

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The VRC center is the exact timbre match for the VR3s. The older VR12s will work well and are more capable than the VRC but not quite as perfect of a timbre match (but darn close). If you're running a sub you really don't need that extra bass that the 12 and 14 bring to the table. I haven't heard the 14 so I can't comment on sound quality but you may want to note the dimensions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know what a vr14 is worth? I don't want to pay too much for it. I've read that for the most part, the avg vr12 goes for $200. Is $300 a fair price for a vr14?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts