Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been looking for a projector, and I have no idea what I need. Of course I have read a lot and can make some guesses from there, but the only thing I have seen is a DLP projector at Tweeter. From that I concluded that DLP is out. Anyway, I'll cut to the chase. I think the best way for me to figure out what I like is to check out some various setups w/different Lumens, Contrast ratios etc... So if any of you are in the greater boston area and would be willing to let me have a look at your set up I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks in advance,

Reid:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Reid,

I grew up on the N. Shore and I know there are numerous H.T. dealers in Boston besides Tweeter! Read the back of Home Theater magazine, there is a good list there. Is there a specific brand you are interested in? I can think of several dealers in Boston, Waltham, several in Framingham, Nashua NH, ..Let me know if need some help.

Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reid,

I would offer to have you take a look at my system, but I have a Sharp Z9000. I also have a DIY screen using a Parkland Plastic sheet until my FireHawk comes in.

If you still want to take a look send me a PM.

Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
are there any stores to look at projectors and compare them in the boston or even new england area?

i am in the market and would like to see some to play with before buying.

thanks.

...glenn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In Providence RI Adtech. but dont buy anything there. They are way overpriced. I am selling my whole HT system and I am going to be in Boston next week, check the Classified Ad in trhis forum... for Mits X400

·
Registered
135 Posts
Perfect Vision & Sound in Avon, CT have both the Sharp 9000 and Seleco HT300 on display. Their phone # is (860) 677-0075. Bob (the owner) is very knowledgable and pleasant to deal with.

pkurtis

·
Registered
17 Posts
went to cameras, inc. in arlington on mass ave.

they have a sharp 9000 set up, dreamvision and some others, but don't seem to know how to get them all to display DVD video. they also wanted to sell me a line doubler and other stuff. they also have a few flat panel tvs, but seem a bit over-priced.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
What is your budget, roughly. Ensemble in Nashua, NH and also in Salem, NH have numerous high end HT pj's on display. They sell Runcos and Dwins I believe.

Gus

·
Registered
610 Posts
Percy's in Worcester has the Ht300 and the InFocus 110 set up in eparate rooms.

Don't expect much from the sales people though, I've been there twice and neither salesperson new anything beyond the manufacturer's name and the list price. Neither even new the resolution! One said the HT300 was the same resolution as the HT200 catalog he had on hand. The other spent at least 10 minutes trying to look up the 110's resolution on the web.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ultra 150 pilot
Home theater systems in Framingham has the sharp 9000 as well a many crts very good place to visit great ht rooms:)
They were very friendly when I was there a couple weeks ago, but they only had the Sharp hooked up with S-Video.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.