AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but if you don't ask...

Anyone out there know of any (preferably HD) coverage of the Hanscomb AFB 2002 Air show? I'd looooove to see the Thunderbirds in HD. But I suppose that's a pipe dream, right?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ummmm...you're in Arlington, why not just go? Surely that *beats* HDTV coverage?!

You know what they say, ask a silly question....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lazyness rules!

No, seriously, I'm 99% sure I'm going. Unfortunately, very high on my lo-tolerance list is crowds, and parking hassels. Actually, the only thing that really interests me is the Thunderbirds. I've seen it / been there / done that for all the other stuff. Hey, what can I say, I want it all :D

You gotta admit, the Thunderbirds in HD would be very, very cool!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah, the crowds and parking/traffic almost make it not worth it to go. My son is a little young this year (only 22 months) but next year I'm planning to take him. Hopefully the insurgence of patriotism caused by 9/11 will have subsided to create a more tolerable environment next year than is sure to exist this year. This year's gonna be nuts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fwiw, it doesn't happen every year. I think this is the first time in 2 or 3 years that there has been an air show. Also, the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels rotate, so it's been a while since the tbirds were in Lexington

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to the show and the crowds were manageable, but I did go on my motorcycle which made the moderate traffic easy! T-birds were cool, but he old stuff was better IMHO.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, I ended up going and was glad I did. Getting out of there at the end was a PIA, but what the heck. Your right, the old stuff was awesome. I wish they had flown them more than the quick beauty pass that they did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.