AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/14218418

No, they are not.

What tipped you off. The fact that it's Boston Legal? or that it's from Fox and it says seasons 1 - 4? ROFL

Gizmo's right. I think someone got some bad info.

S4 hits DVD on 9/23 though.

·
Registered
701 Posts
And seriously, Boston Legal looks pretty terrible on broadcast HD so this show isn't an ideal candidate for Blu-ray. I love the show but wouldn't bite on a pricey BD set.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Boy would that be a waste of time and resources from Fox. I can think of a dozen Fox TV titles that make more sense for HD than Boston Legal.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
So instead of giving us Lost Season 1 and 2 or Prison Break Season 2, instead all the resources are going towards Boston Legal? Do they not know the demographic for Blu-ray?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/14223049

So instead of giving us Lost Season 1 and 2 or Prison Break Season 2, instead all the resources are going towards Boston Legal? Do they not know the demographic for Blu-ray?

$40 a 22ep season sounds very reasonable. That doesn't sound like Fox at all.

This year is the final season for Boston Legal. So it could be true, but all the info is very very strange.

But think about it Gizmo. What other series does Fox have that might do well on BD?... What about the one where the guy asks questions and shoots people? I think it's 24 episodes a season, can't remember the name.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrage /forum/post/14223133

$40 a 22ep season sounds very reasonable. That doesn't sound like Fox at all.

This year is the final season for Boston Legal. So it could be true, but all the info is very very strange.

But think about it Gizmo. What other series does Fox have that might do well on BD?... What about the one where the guy asks questions and shoots people? I think it's 24 episodes a season, can't remember the name.

The reason we heard we were not getting past season of Lost and other shows was because all the lines were being taken up and they can't afford to do 6 discs etc. Then, out of the blue, Season 1-4 of Boston Legal pops up?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Everything else was pushed back so they could use their production lines for Boston Legal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Whats up with all the compaining. I would really like having the Boston Legal seasons on Blu-Ray. I think they have much more replay value than old seasons of Lost and Prison Break.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNulty /forum/post/14224049

I think they have much more replay value than old seasons of Lost and Prison Break.

I love BL but I would never agree with that statement. It is a weird choice for Fox - I was at least expecting 24 or PB season 2 before we saw an announcement like this...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Its a listing mistake. I guess we can assume that Buffy Season 1 and Twin Peaks is coming too since they have been listed on Amazon forever, right?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Count me as one of the one's that hope it's real.

Would free up a whole bunch of HD space for me. Adding the last few episodes of The Practice which tie into the series and were aired in HD in would be a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/14226642

Its a listing mistake. I guess we can assume that Buffy Season 1 and Twin Peaks is coming too since they have been listed on Amazon forever, right?

Huge difference. You've never been able to order Buffy season 1 and Twin Peaks. They are strictly there to allow people to sign up to be notified if they ever become available. Boston Legal, on the other hand, can be ordered and they've assigned it an ASIN.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD /forum/post/14223049

I watch both Lost and Boston Legal.

I'd rather have Lost on Blu-ray for sure. I really don't want to see Candace Bergen in HD at her age. And no doubt Shatner and Spader benefit some from a softer camera. Although I wouldn't mind Rhona Mitra or some of the other babes on that show in HD.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback about the "Boston Legal" release. This release was communicated to me by Amazon who still have the 'blu-ray' release up for pre-order. This may well be a database mistake by Amazon, and that this release could be the Amazon repackaging of the four DVD seasons.

Keep in mind this is also listed on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Legal-T...5381011&sr=1-7

1 - 20 of 20 Posts