Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Congratulations to you Red Sox fans out there. Another fantastic series between New York and Boston -- an instant classic.

I'd recorded every minute of FOX's broadcast via an HDTV STB, downrezzed via S-Video, to my Panny E50.

Well, last night while changing disks, I must've accidently hit the channel up/down button on the front panel. The input switched from L2 (front panel) to L3 (back panel) to which nothing was connected. So, now I have 2 completely blank recordings on DVD-RAM. My bad.

Does anyone out there have a similar recording of last night's game that you'd be willing to make available (or copy)? I'm looking for something recorded from an HD feed, since that would provide the best quality on the final DVD. I only keep these for my private use.

I'd appreciate anyone with a recording of last night's game to please PM me so we can discuss arrangements.

TIA!!

SteveK

·
Registered
154 Posts
I recorded all three Boston/Anaheim games to my E80H from DirecTiVo. These were the games that got the Red Sox to the showdown with NY. I gotta tell you it was very time consuming to remove all the commercials from these recordings. So I was quite happy to see that MLB offers WMV downloads of these games and many others for $3.95 each. These are near HDTV quality and at that price I plan on downloading the last four games only...being a longtime Red Sox fan I only want the winning games of course!

Check out MLB.COM

·
Registered
154 Posts
Quick followup:

I just downloaded one of the free sample MLB WMVs. Really crappy bitrate. Totally unacceptable for archiving to DVD.

I might buy them anyway and load them on my PDA as they will look fine at 320x200.

Sorry. My hopes were up too.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion anyway. I got my hopes up briefly until I read your second post:(

BTW....I do editing (commercial removal) on my PC. The originals are recorded (either with my E50 or E100) to DVD-RAM, then copied to the PC. I found the PC editing route to be quite a bit faster than using the E100 for editing.

Maybe someone will come through for me.:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm a big Red Sox fan lived in Boston my hole life I record all the play of games and World Series. And yes I hate edit out the commercials. I would not have record them if I did not have a E80. To do all this work on the PC would kill me.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
To do all this work on the PC would kill me.
Do you mean editing DVD-RAM on a PC? Or capturing & editing all on a PC?

I've found that editing on the PC (for DVD-RAM disks recorded on a standalone recorder) is much simpler and faster on a PC. But that is my opinion and others may differ.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
SteveK2,

I completely agree with you. I use Panasonic's MovieAlbum software to edit and add titles, chapter stops to DVD-RAM on my PC. Much easier than on the deck. I then import the edited DVD-RAM files into TMPG DVD Author since it provides DVD-RAM to DVD-R authoring with menus, backgrounds, and chapter thumbnails that are far superior to what you can achieve on the deck itself.

Vic

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vic,

The one thing that I wish Panny's MovieAlbum software would do (or maybe it does and I just haven't figured out how to do it), is for it to be able to edit a harddisk-based file on the PC (one that is copied from the DVD-RAM disk). That would speed things up even more.

Most times, I now use Panny's CopyTool to copy onto the PC, then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to set the chapter points, cut editing, menus, etc.

SteveK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.