AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen conflicting information, and if the answer was posted here earlier, I apologize. But, are both the Duke/UCLA basketall game and the Georgia/Georgia Tech football game going to be in HDTV on CBS tomorrow?

The Duke/UCLA game is the first part of a double header in Indianapolis (The Wooden Tradition). The second game, Purdue/Louisville, will be broadcast on HDNet. So maybe we'll have an afternoon of HDTV sports from CBS...

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken H. Thanks for the link to the CBS Schedule. I just figured that since HDNet was doing the second basketball game (Purdue/Louisville) which follows the Duke/UCLA game, and the HD cameras and truck were already there, that CBS would do the first game in HD. Too bad, I was hoping for an afternoon of High Definition sports.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
HDTVGalaxy says CBS is doing the Georgia-Georgia Tech football game in HD tomorow, but not the Duke-UCLA basketball game. TitanTV says the Duke-UCLA game is in HD, but in the afternoon all that's on is paid advertising.

Not only is it possible that I won't get to see the GA-GA Tech game in HD - I might not get to see it at all.

Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tluxon
Not only is it possible that I won't get to see the GA-GA Tech game in HD - I might not get to see it at all.

Anybody know for sure?

I don't know what your local CBS affiliate will carry, but the national CBS network will have SEC College Football in HDTV, Georgia Tech vs. Georgia at 3:30pm EST.

To the best of my knowledge, CBS will not do the Duke vs. UCLA college basketball game in HDTV.

Update at 1pm EST: CBS is not doing the Duke/UCLA game in HDTV.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I guess NOT!!!

It wasn't enough that the BB game was in SD, but we don't get any football game at ALL! KIRO in Seattle is wasting their expensive digital transmitting on about five hours of paid advertising!!!

Not one MINUTE of HD sports for us today!

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tluxon
It wasn't enough that the BB game was in SD....
It was not in HD anywhere; CBS only did NTSC for the first game of The Wooden Tradition, Duke/UCLA.

The second game, Purdue/Louisville was on HDNet in HDTV.

Quote:
KIRO in Seattle is wasting their expensive digital transmitting on about five hours of paid advertising!!!
A call to the KIRO general manager on Monday would seem in order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I attended the Purdue/Louisville game and was pleasantly surprised to see HDNet cameras. I'll definitely check out the replay on Sunday night. I have no means of recording HD. Does HDNet sell any of their broadcasts?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
CBS had their Friday 11/29/02 football game and their Saturday 11/30/02 football game in HD. Therfore, they have at least two trucks, but I guess not three trucks to do BB saturday also.

Rick R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.