AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying my 480p output to my 34" direct view HDTV, but one problem with it is, like many sets, aspect ratio control is not available for the progressive input. Most of the time this is fine, but for things like the Creative Digital VCR, I would like to use my set's 4:3 stretching modes, which are only available on an interlaced input. I have a Radeon AIW and know that if I use the s-video out the progressive modes will not operate for the VGA port and I will not be able to use the progressive input on the set, which I don't want to lose.

Is it possible to maybe set up two vidcards and have one output 480i and the other 480p, both displaying the desktop and overlay? Or is there some other way to achieve the following:

Using the progressive input on the set, output 480p from the pc.

Easily switching over to an interlaed input on the set, showing 480i from the pc. That way, when using Creative Digital VCR, I could switch to interlaced, superzoom mode and when using PowerDVD I could use 480p since PowerDVD's deinterlacing is far superior to my set's...

Just wondering if this is possible. I really miss my super-zoom for 4:3 programming that's available on the interlaced inputs and internal tuner on the set...

matt

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I'm not interested in stretching the 640x480 overlay to display squished tv. I'm hoping to use my Philips set's superzoom AR feature where it stretches the left and right edges more than the middle of the image for a pretty-natural widescreen-filling picture.

I guess an alternate question -- is there any way out there to achieve super-zoom 4:3 stretching on a pc? Wouldn't that be nice? Is there a directshow filter that does this stretching? If so, could it be made to work with Creative DVCR? Questions... questions...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.