AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent this this to tech support because I am having bottoming out problems with my SVS.

Hello

Just got my 20-39pcplus from UPS and wow its big! I am having some trouble with it though... Its bottoming out..why I dont know.

I have it hooked to my Denon 2803 with a Y cable even though I am only using one subwoofer. The cable for the 2nd woofer is just hanging there. Would using a single subwoofer cable improve my sound since the signal isnt being split?

I began with the EXT. INT subwoofer level at 0 (thats as low as it goes) and the subwoofer gain at less than half. The SS filter was set to 20hz using no port blockers. The crossover is disabled on the sub as well. My speakers were set to"small" and the subwoofer is set to yes. My master volume is about -8

When I play at moderate listening levels such as the matrix scene 15 (50:55) it will begin to bottom out and make a crunch noise.. something must be too loud.. when I back the gain of the sub I can hardly here the bass. I think the sub can perform better than it is, but I must be missing something obvious.

I will provide anymore info if needed

Any advice would be great

· Registered
3,071 Posts
-8 on the Denon sounds loud, not sure how that relates as my 4802R if I have volume at -10 that is pretty darn loud, porbbaly up aroun 90db. Not sure how effecient your main speakers are, but my guess is oyu are over driving the SVS. I have a 20-39 PC+ and I gkeep it's gain at the just under the first line past the half way mark, I then ususally run it at -8db in the denon Channel Levels for sources with powerful lows and aroun -3db for sources with little or weak lows. Also you say EXT. IN, that is for analog sources, yet you are referring to a movie, what is the channel level set to for the surroound DSP you are using, the Denon has different level setting for Analog/EXT versus Digital sources. Also placement of the sub is very important, as in real estate awith a sub the 3 most important things are Location, Location, Location. SVS tech support is fantastic, e-mail them and provide them the stuff you posted here along with basic room dimentions and layout and they will help you set up the sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.