AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being delivered october 1. havent seen it yet but i liked the GWII and if there is only improvements to the set well i cant see how i could go wrong.

any ideas if umr's tweaks should work ok with this new set?

·
Registered
81 Posts
semtex,

curious where you ordered your set from? I am looking at the 42" unless, through the Atkins diet or other miracle, the 50" looses a couple of inches.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pc richards in edison NJ.

you think a 25" stand would be too high for these tv's?

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by semtex
being delivered october 1.
If your set is delivered October 1 then, if I were you, I would buy a lottery ticket as soon as possible. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put mine on special order last Wednesday at Circuit City in Richmond. They were unable to give a specific date as to when they would have it. I do know that I am one of the first in Richmond to purchase this set from CC according to the sales manager so I should also be one of the first to get it (in theory).

I'll give an update when I get more information.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pc richards said that they are due to get in like 75 of them the end of this week. he also said that they are making sure they deliver my set, another set and a full suite of kitchen appliances on the same day.... oct 1. i actually have to call them to reschedule a day later because these people i bought my house from refuse to GTFO on time.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
If you get it all done on October 2 then buy tickets in two different lotteries. It's a sure winner. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Doug,

What updated? I didn't notice any changes but didn't read throughout. Still no ship date there. Also, 50" hasn't lost any inches to allow me to fit it.

I did talk to Sonystyle NYC on Saturday and they said 1st week of Oct before they would have one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally heard from Sony that they would ship the third week in September for delivery to retail the last week of September. Have spoken to several retailers in the Bay area, including Sony Style in SF, and the consensus seems to be a delivery date to stores during the first week of October.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
mevans-- i was just noticing that the TVs were now listed on the sony site. Interesting about sonystyle.. i was in there a week ago and asked about it; salesman smiled knowingly and then said he had absolutely no idea when they'd be in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
my info came from phone call there. Woman put me on hold and asked, then came back with response. I would think that they would post ETA on web soon---i.e. if you add to cart, it might give status.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by semtex
being delivered october 1. havent seen it yet but i liked the GWII and if there is only improvements to the set well i cant see how i could go wrong.

any ideas if umr's tweaks should work ok with this new set?
I have the 42" on order (hopefully, I'm OK in this thread) :) and was wondering the exact same thing.

Can't wait. . . . .

David

·
Registered
634 Posts
You know what sucks about these sets. The width! I can't even fit the 50" model in the space I have, but I can easily put a 56" Samsung DLP in the same spot. I would be very interested in these had they been built with smaller cabinets. I suppose that's the nature of the technology.

Oh, well!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Do any of you guys know anything about the GWIII? I'm curious about the 42" version, but I haven't seen it. I've looked at the 50" Panny RP LCD, Hitachi 50" RP LCD, and the 43"/50" Samsung RP DLP (the Samsung may be a little too much $$$ for me though).

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nickeleye
Do any of you guys know anything about the GWIII? I'm curious about the 42" version, but I haven't seen it. I've looked at the 50" Panny RP LCD, Hitachi 50" RP LCD, and the 43"/50" Samsung RP DLP (the Samsung may be a little too much $$$ for me though).
Sony is saying it will be out this week or next. I would be patient and wait a little bit. It sounds like they have made some improvements.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.