AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 150" acoustically transparent screen..will the support beams impact audio?

I bought a big 150" Silver Ticket acoustically transparent screen which is awesome, but problem is the support beams split the screen into thirds and fall somewhat in front of the L and R speakers, which is really annoying. Will this have a substantial impact on the speaker sound? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a big 150" Silver Ticket acoustically transparent screen which is awesome, but problem is the support beams split the screen into thirds and fall somewhat in front of the L and R speakers, which is really annoying. Will this have a substantial impact on the speaker sound? Thanks!
I suspect the answer will be "it depends". If the support beams block the direct path between your ears and the tweeters, than probably a big problem. If the block just a portion of the side of a woofer, than not so much of a problem.

Please let me know how you make out with this screen. I am considering the same screen for my new theater, but worry about how the picture will look on the AT screen material. What projector are you using and what distance will you view from? Thanks in advance.

Steven

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Friend!

Hm...I have the Klipsch THX KL650s up front, and the bar is exactly inbetween the speaker/horn midpoint (have a look at the images and you'll see what I mean).

I'm not happy with it, I might move the subwoofer closer to the middle and move the L/R channels farther out so that they are not blocked by beams.

As far as the screen, I'm projecting w/ a sony HW40ES + Peerless mount(can't recommend this enough). It's about 18 feet away, so nearly completely zoomed in, but there is basically no line distortion. It is plenty bright using the low light mode, but it REALLY shines on Reference mode w/ high bulb. I would 100% recommend the screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Friend!

Hm...I have the Klipsch THX KL650s up front, and the bar is exactly inbetween the speaker/horn midpoint (have a look at the images and you'll see what I mean).

I'm not happy with it, I might move the subwoofer closer to the middle and move the L/R channels farther out so that they are not blocked by beams.

As far as the screen, I'm projecting w/ a sony HW40ES + Peerless mount(can't recommend this enough). It's about 18 feet away, so nearly completely zoomed in, but there is basically no line distortion. It is plenty bright using the low light mode, but it REALLY shines on Reference mode w/ high bulb. I would 100% recommend the screen.
PS - assembling it is a major pain in the ass. allocate atleast 3 hours + 2 people

1 - 4 of 4 Posts