AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok theyre not all that bad, granted they are only a movie sub. but im a movie person and this sub rocks. i watched war of the worlds, cloverfield etc and it literally took my breath away (mainly because of the thumping hard bass). its not white van. ok, music, well it can do it just not too loud. on bass i love you it moves to the 8 hz and 16 hz tones which probably means it doesnt have a subsonic filter. i would seriously consider trying one of these if your on a $50 budget. i might get my self a second. but not to keep for ever. at least they have a 12 month warranty on them also.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
What you need to realize just for the sake of educating your hearing is that this sub is not reproducing either 8hz or 16hz is any useful way or form. It may be may be reproducing the harmonic distortion versions of those tones. That means that the sub is playing back a tone which is a multiple of the original. The 16hz tone might be heard as a 32hz or perhaps a 48hz tone. I doubt the sub can actually play any deeper than that.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I feel sorry for you bud. You're 15 and have already switched subs twice. While I'm glad you're loving the sub, by the time you're 35, at this rate you'll have gone through 15 subs or so and with each increase will be blown away by the difference .... and much poorer because of it.

My advice to you would be to stay off these forums, keep and enjoy that sub for 5 years, put aside $25 to $35 a month and in 5 years spend the $1500 to $2k you'll have saved up on a sub that will truly rock your world.

Yes, the above scenario only works if a) you completely ignore these forums other than to understand how to setup your system to its fullest potential and b) ignores the fact that you'll also want to upgrade your speakers, components, room acoustics, etc. ...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc /forum/post/20778329

I feel sorry for you bud. You're 15 and have already switched subs twice. While I'm glad you're loving the sub, by the time you're 35, at this rate you'll have gone through 15 subs or so and with each increase will be blown away by the difference...

That is a joy of living, to be surprised and pleased with each new experience. You may feel sorry for him... I on the other hand gotta envy him. (Just for a reference, I'll be 61 in another month).

Audiophile15... have fun with your new sub and savor it.

·
Registered
Klipsch Heritage, Danley subs, Emotiva, Epson 5050
5,144 Posts
Is that not the process that 99% of us have gone through?

Actually, I've done reasonably well. My first was a used Velodyne back in 99 and used it for 11 years. I resisted the urge to upgrade until I knew I was in a long term home and whatever I bought could be no compromise.

Enjoy your sub....

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123
Is that not the process that 99% of us have gone through?

Actually, I've done reasonably well. My first was a used Velodyne back in 99 and used it for 11 years. I resisted the urge to upgrade until I knew I was in a long term home and whatever I bought could be no compromise.

Enjoy your sub....
It was, I'm just poking fun. It's easy for me and others to say one would save so much cash by simply waiting until you had enough saved up to buy a great performing sub, but for me all the fun has been trying different subs/speakers/components and hearing the nuances each time.

Expensive. But fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.