AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought the Samsung JU670D curved TV Saturday. Took it home hooked it up that night, and we noticed the picture was fuzzy, and blurred with motion. Tested it on 4k videos on youtube and the same thing happens. We also watched a movie on the PS4, and same problem. Different HDMI ports, HDMI cables, same problem. Now I do have Dish HD, and the picture looks good but not 4k good as the Vizio P50 was I had before it. The backlight died in it and Vizio would not repair, or replace, just refund, or I would still have it. Talked to Samsung tech dept. and they kept trying to point the finger at the Dish HD box and the PS4. The JU670D picture looks grainy, and not worth the money I paid for it, so back to Costco Wed. morning. I know there is problem with it when the wife spoke up first, and isn't happy with the picture. Just my two cents and my wife's too.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
I asked Samsung if it was a 60hz or 120hz and they said 120hz.
Its a 60hz tv with "motion rate 120". They are very secretive about this, but it's been confirmed by dealers here on the forums. And it completely lines up with the fact u said the picture and motion was garbage. If u step up to the next set of models you'll see a massive difference.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

Try the JU7100 or JU7500. Not much more and I though it had a good picture. Unfortunately the off axis is poor on most Samsung TVs, about 20 degrees left and right so hopefully that won't be do big of a deal for you. If so you can get a nice wall mount to rotate the screen..

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
motion rate 120 but its a 60hz panel ..That is why PQ sucks especially with motion ...This is entry level so it won't be that great just average.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is all boxed back up and ready to be returned Wed. I would do it tomorrow, but I got a wiring job the other direction, so Wed. it will be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ju670d

Turn off Auto Motion Plus; I had the same problem and "poof" gone.

I actually returned a HU7200/7250 to Costco for this set (bought it ten days before). In my estimation, this is a better display, and doesn't have the problems I had with the HU7200/7250 (white bleed; spontaneously turning off).

Yes, this is their entry 4K, but I stared long and hard at the new JU7500, and think the extra price (it is also 3D, which I abhor), wasn't demonstrated. I think the 7500 is higher prices because of the speakers (don't need), 3D (don't want) and yes, probably 120hz.

But I am still glad I turned in the HU7200.7500 for this set; color/clarity is better in my view; as well as importantly, black and dark scenes (less pixelation).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts