AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bought an english magic a400 black remote from ebay, looks exactly the same but doesn't work.

On the back of my original one is the serial number, AN-MR400K

On the back of the ebay one is AN-MR400G/NB

Waste of money.

Was going to try swap the covers, but meh can't pull it apart.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I'm having trouble understanding connectivity with this projector. I need to be able to connect my Directv Genie DVR to this projector wirelessly. There seems to be two or three wireless methods imbedded in it. Will any of those work?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm having trouble understanding connectivity with this projector. I need to be able to connect my Directv Genie DVR to this projector wirelessly. There seems to be two or three wireless methods imbedded in it. Will any of those work?
I honestly don't know if your genie will work.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I went to Direct TV's website and you need a additional equipment called the Genie Minis with the Genie DVR.
I don't know much about wireless anything, but I would guess the Genie Minis is some kind of modem/router for the Genie DVR to connect to any of your other equipment i.e. projector, PC, home network.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not yet, i will soon

Glasses should be due any day.

Do you have a link to that test picture? i can't seem to find it.
for chromatic abberation something like that should be suitable to easily recognize color fringes on hard contrast transitions

for focus uniformity you can use the nec test pattern

hope that helps :)

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I went to Direct TV's website and you need a additional equipment called the Genie Minis with the Genie DVR.
I don't know much about wireless anything, but I would guess the Genie Minis is some kind of modem/router for the Genie DVR to connect to any of your other equipment i.e. projector, PC, home network.
I have wired Minis. What I'm trying to do is have just one 120v cable, the projector's, at the projector. I can buy, for about $180, an HDMI transmitter/receiver but that is another 120v cable at the projector site which is a coffee table. I'm hoping that one of the three, I think, wireless capabilities on this projector would handle HDMI signal. Do any of these do that?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Not yet, i will soon

Glasses should be due any day.

Do you have a link to that test picture? i can't seem to find it.
Pitty ?
I better ask while it's still in my memory, does the LG PF87K have built in TV ?
I not sure if I have gone over the specs for the projector it came to my mind while I was looking on Newegg of the LG PF85U and I wondered if the LG PF87K also has a TV tuner.
Sorry if this is a redundant question.
So far if LG releases this projector in the US as the LG PF87U version at a reasonable price this projector is a winner.
Of course more Lumens would be great.
I am trying not to make many multiple posts so I going to keep it nice and neat in this post.
JackB ? you said you have the Direct TV Genie Minis wired ?
Even if it's hardwired would it still send out wireless signal to and device that would or could receive wireless ?
I really have not learned much in the wireless world, I am still with wired Internet and network, faster and more secure.
That's why I like the LG PF85U or the LG PF87K because it has a Ethernet port.
The only thing I have wireless is the Bluetooth PlayStation 3 controller.
Yes, I can see how wireless makes life more simple, less clutter, however if it's a signal from the internet ? I rather be safe and keep it wired and it's faster until they can make it more secure and faster.
Yes I can go with wireless speakers, controllers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Pitty ?
I better ask while it's still in my memory, does the LG PF87K have built in TV ?
Yes, has a coax cable input on the back

But its regional based, Korean at the moment.

Image below of DTV options
http://imgur.com/a/igwcS#29

I can't use the TV function in Australia, and i don't think there will ever be a firmware update for this device ever.
Would be nice if someone knew how to flash these things, and i could get an Australian firmware in a few years, If these ever come out in Australia.

Even a UK firmware would be good, they use DVB-T in UK as well i think. Not even sure if the hardware could pick up DVB-T though.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I did a little checking. At this time the wireless Genie/Mini is a Directv wireless protocol and only works between these two devices. I guess I will have to use one of the wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver devices.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yes, has a coax cable input on the back

But its regional based, Korean at the moment.

Image below of DTV options
http://imgur.com/a/igwcS#29

I can't use the TV function in Australia, and i don't think there will ever be a firmware update for this device ever.
Would be nice if someone knew how to flash these things, and i could get an Australian firmware in a few years, If these ever come out in Australia.

Even a UK firmware would be good, they use DVB-T in UK as well i think. Not even sure if the hardware could pick up DVB-T though.
Not to leave you out AV_Integrated, thank you for the well thought out response to my question.
Sorry guys I have been very busy in the last few weeks, my mom died last April and my stepfather is selling the house so my brother and I are busy trying to get the house empty out.
Pitty ? thank you for your response, you know how sometimes ? you read or learn about something, and then ? you forget about it ?
I answered my own question about whether the LG PF87K had a built in TV when I went back and read up on some of the information you put here about the LG PF87K.
I should have paid more attention before I asked that question.
Other than the PA75U not being 1080P , 1000 Lumens and other features the basic set up with the LG PA75U and the LG PF87K are about the same when it comes to the TV, menus, adjustments.
Of course the PA75U has the dreaded diamond micro mirrors and the PF80 and PF87K has the square micro mirrors with a much sharper picture.
I hope PittyH you can get your TV in your projector working.
It's nice to have something like that in a portable projector without having to drag along a TV set or TV set box.
JackB ? keep wprking at it I am sure there is some solution waiting in the wings for your setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
throw distance

@ PittyH
hi, I want to buy the pf87k, crucial for me and 'the projection distance, your pf87k at what distance from your screen is 120 "? thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, The pf87k can 'be reversed for ceiling installation?
I downloaded the manual and do not indicate ceiling installation!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thank you, The pf87k can 'be reversed for ceiling installation?
I downloaded the manual and do not indicate ceiling installation!
I have the LG PA75U and yes indeed it can be installed from the ceiling, at least as the LG PA75U is concerned.
Other than the LG PF87K being the Korean version, and 3D , perhaps a few other features, I would go on and guess that the placement of the projector is the same as the LG PF80G 80U.
I down loaded the LG PF80G manual and checking to see where the placement menu is for this projector.
OK, I found it, it's on page 56 under customized settings/option settings.
Under PJT mode.
At least that is what it is for the LG PF80G.
I would guess it's the same for the LG PF87K.
It's the same menu with the icon of a silver brief case with a wrench on it.
In the menu you have.
Language.
Caption.
Standby Light.
PJT Mode.
Auto Keystone.
Blank Image.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone who has this projector, please let me know if you can get Native 120hz from PC.

If this can do this and not 720P 120hz only, this will be my next TV replacement display :D

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
735 Posts
So the PF87k is better then the Acer k750, viewsonic pro9000 and optoma hd91? Does this projector have zoom, anamorphic lens, glass lens, and no focus issues? "half clear/half blurred screen"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anyone imported this projector to Germany or the EU? I'm really considering this, because it isn't available here and it seems not to be available in the near future. When importing, total charges will be about 1450 €, while the here available PF80G whith much less features will cost about 1120 €.

Disregarding the remote (language) and possible warranty problems, which other problems would you worry about?

Best regards
Thomas

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone imported this projector to Germany or the EU? I'm really considering this, because it isn't available here and it seems not to be available in the near future. When importing, total charges will be about 1450 €, while the here available PF80G whith much less features will cost about 1120 €.

Disregarding the remote (language) and possible warranty problems, which other problems would you worry about?

Best regards
Thomas
ich hoffe auch ganz stark auf eine entsprechende ankündigung/vorstellung auf der ifa. bisher sieht es aber nicht gut aus.
alleine schon aus garantiegründen würde ich dir vom import abraten. in deutschland sind es 3 jahre, in korea und usa dürfte es nur 1 jahr sein. es könnte gut sein, dass du garantieansprüche nicht über lg deutschland wahrnehmen kannst. dann sitzt du auf sehr teuren hinsendekosten. mal davon abgesehen, dass du gegenüber dem händler auch keine gewährleistungsansprüche hast. in deutschland sind es 2 jahre.
hinzu kommt, dass du einen adapter wegen den abweichenden stromnetzen benötigst.
@PittyH
i'm a little bit concerned ... still no final confirmation that full hd 3d functions without additional hardware with your new glasses. what about your comments regarding the focus uniformity and visibility of chromatic abberation?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'm a little bit concerned ... still no final confirmation that full hd 3d functions without additional hardware with your new glasses. what about your comments regarding the focus uniformity and visibility of chromatic abberation?
I asked a korean dealer who told me that it does support 3D from any BD-player.

I wanted to wait a few days or weeks until the IFA is over. I hope the LG or any competitor (except Acer) is going to release a comparable projector (DLP, LED, 1000 lumens, Full HD, 3D) soon.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts