AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I guess that I have to start this off by saying that I'm one of those annoying tivo users, who really had no incentive to switch. I have two DirecTivo's, and a standalone, and I live near NYC so I get my WB and UPN off the bird.

I was browsing through a Best Buy though, and saw that they had a Showstopper open box (just the unit and powercord) for $150. I started talking to the salesman, and he eventually dropped the price 30% more, so I got a 30 hour Showstopper for $104 + tax.

Since I work at Radioshack, I was able to find the new RS 15-2104 remote and program it to control the SS, plus I have tons of cables from every place, so that's not the problem.

Where I run into difficulty is deciding what to do with the SS. I don't have a spare Directv box to hook it into, my antenna channels come in really fuzzy because of the WTC antenna problem, and I can't figure out how to display my DirecTivo output, even though it's plugged into the Line inputs.

I can always give it to a friend, or my sister, but I was wondering if there is anyway to use the SS to store programs off of the DirecTV, as well as occasionally use it for a three channel conflict?

If so, how can I do this?

Jim

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not too sure about that, but you can probably get a rebate on that unit from Panasonic, so you really only spent $4. Since best buy doesn't want to sell these things anymore, I think they are really taking a hit. And Panasonic keeps extending the rebate.

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el.../promotion.asp

And yes, even if you don't have the UPC you can get it (many have) as long as receipt says open box.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Here's another post that's not really answering your quesiton (as I don't know anything about DirecTV or DirecTiVo).

Regarding the 15-2104, be sure to use the VCR/0616 code rather than the VCR/0614 code, then you can use advanced codes to program the spare buttons to work the missing Replay functions, such as Quick Skip and Instant Replay to name just a few.

Advanced codes are not mentioned in the official manual, but you can use the 15-1994 manual on my site if you need instructions for them. Plus, the VCR/0616 advanced codes are in the Advanced Code section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Robman....

I have to admit that I was definatly using your site . You wouldn't believe how many people I've refered to you (since I have to sell those remotes). I want to thank you a ton for all the great stuff that you put there!

On another note... I just sent the rebate form in, so a ReplayTV for $4, the month after I get a Tivo for $25.... I'm in PVR heaven!

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.