AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 52" Sony LCD. The salesman wanted me to buy a monster cable to take advantage of the 120hz processor. I know that monster cables are overpriced so I declined. I know nothing about cables, other that people on here seem to like monoprice and blue jean cables. Are all cables the same in regards to 60hz vs 120hz or are there some things I need to look for. If someone can recommend a specific model, I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Buy from monoprice, there is no difference with regard to 60hz vs 120hz especially considering no source outputs 120hz nor will a TV accept a 120hz feed, just repeat images to 120hz.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
+1 for monoprice or blue jeans cable, both forum sponsors.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The cable has nothing to do with the 120 hz, it's the tv. With digital you either get the single or you don't. You can check out the review to reassure you.

Personally I think getting a flexable cable is helpful. "I" feel better knowing I'm not putting any stress on the connection when I move around things or even just pushing my entertainment center back.

Just go to the sites you listed and buy a cable, your wallet will thank you. If yo don't want to wait you could always try Sams Club/Costco/Walmart. You'll still pay more but no where near what "other" retail store want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
++ on monoprice... I just purchased some new cables from them recently since I was switching to a new TV (old TV was using DMI > DVI.)

2 3-ft cables plus shipping came out to like $8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts