AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sales guy I spoke with (Jimmy?), said there were about 40 sales phone people in his Accessories Dept., so there may be some who are not as nice. Jimmy had to check with his super for both 5% decisions; perhaps your saleslady was too lazy..., who knows.

As to the 5% ending on Fri, I think the phone ad says that it ends today (MOn.).

Why not try again with a different sales person?

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
774 Posts
Since the discount for purchasing accessories online (5% for monitors/projectors) is still on Dell's webpage, it doesn't seem to be an expiration issue.

Pure speculation on my part here, but it occurred to me that the reason the LT150 was pulled from the online inventory might be related to that discount. Maybe the additional 5% discount causes them to take a loss (or unacceptable profit) on the projector, whereas the 1770 price is still profitable for Dell.

By removing the online listing they are able to sell them and still make a profit since they don't have to include them in the promotion.

However, it seems that some people are still being given the discounts even though the product is not online. I'd guess that is at the discretion (or ignorance) of the sales rep. Based on the inconsistent 'facts' that people are being given when they call, I'd imagine that the reps are making up answers/guessing at questions they don't really know the answers to.

-- Greg

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well I got the discount. Just had to talk to the right person. The original sales lady was put thru to me and said she was unaware of it and then credited my card. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif $100 towards more dvd's.

------------------

Gonna name my HT "Tooth and Nails" for the battle my wife is putting up against it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Schuitema:
It's back on the Dell site.
Yup. There she is at $1701. At this point I'm totally confused if that's a few bucks better than I purchased it at or not. But who cares. Quite a bargain.

Looks like it's time to get an LT150 bulb power buy going. Alan, Jason, your thoughts?

--Les

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hmmmm...it only shows up in the business section. If you go into consumer section and go through hot deals and upto 20% off assoccories then through 5% off monitors, the NEC LT-150 doesn't make the list. When you go through the Business section, I find the projector, but when ordered no discount is indicated. Discount says it ends July 23 at 11 PM CT.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
BTW, howlong before a half dozen of these show up for sale on ebay. Right now there is only one and it is used at $2,000 (reserve not met)....

·
Registered
410 Posts
I couldn't resist any more, I tried to order with my international credit card but it was not possible so I call a friend at the USA he order it with his credit card

and....bingo, ten minutes later he called me back with the order number, and they say it will be shipped in 5 business days. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Now I will enjoy making AB test with all the LT series: 100, 140 and now the 150 http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/cool.gif

Federico

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm very happy with Dell, I bought the Dell/LT150 Sun. for $1770, then, after reading this Forum today, I called them and ordered another for $1682. Then they were nice enough to also give me the 5% off Sun's purchase.

Great folks.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
628 Posts
I dont get it. I ordered mine today for 1770 and I called back after seeing the posts here today. The lady in cust srvice ( not a nice lady I might add ) said that 1770 is the price and the 5% thing ended fri. She then added that I could cancel the order and buy it somewhere cheaper if I thought I could. I dont know where the hostility came from seeing as when I called her I told her I was just checking to see if I was quoted the right price. Customer abuse line is more like it. lol.

------------------

Gonna name my HT "Tooth and Nails" for the battle my wife is putting up against it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.