AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought two BP7006 floor standing towers for my Left and Right fronts and a Procenter1000 center channel. Have these hooked up to a Denon 2807 amp and let me say the system rocks. Could have bought two sat speakers for my surround but figured the two towers were enough money to spend for one day. Figure I'll get the two sats later on in the future when I'll have a bigger room. Anyway this system sound awesome. The BP7006 produce a clean sound and the subs are built into the speakers so I didn't have to buy a sub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouque1 /forum/post/0


Bought two BP7006 floor standing towers for my Left and Right fronts and a Procenter1000 center channel. Have these hooked up to a Denon 2807 amp and let me say the system rocks. Could have bought two sat speakers for my surround but figured the two towers were enough money to spend for one day. Figure I'll get the two sats later on in the future when I'll have a bigger room. Anyway this system sound awesome. The BP7006 produce a clean sound and the subs are built into the speakers so I didn't have to buy a sub.


Congratulation,


Hope you have many years of enjoyment with your system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
You still are going to want to have a sub. There is no way the BP7006's can match the impact of a qualty subwoofer. I also have speakers with built in subs. They give you really good bass extension, but that is about it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouque1 /forum/post/0


Bought two BP7006 floor standing towers for my Left and Right fronts and a Procenter1000 center channel. Have these hooked up to a Denon 2807 amp and let me say the system rocks. Could have bought two sat speakers for my surround but figured the two towers were enough money to spend for one day. Figure I'll get the two sats later on in the future when I'll have a bigger room. Anyway this system sound awesome. The BP7006 produce a clean sound and the subs are built into the speakers so I didn't have to buy a sub.

Great system. I really like BPs for home theater. I have used my BP10bs without surround speakers and found them pretty satisfying, though with surround speakers is better. I haven't heard the built-in subs, but I can't see any reason that they would not be every bit as good as two of Def Tech's stand-alone subs (which are excellent and have won multiple awards.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM /forum/post/0


Great system. I really like BPs for home theater. I have used my BP10bs without surround speakers and found them pretty satisfying, though with surround speakers is better. I haven't heard the built-in subs, but I can't see any reason that they would not be every bit as good as two of Def Tech's stand-alone subs (which are excellent and have won multiple awards.)

I don't know. You think the fact that a Supercube has a 1200 watt amp might be a slight advantage for it?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexa695 /forum/post/0


I don't know. You think the fact that a Supercube has a 1200 watt amp might be a slight advantage for it?

My ProSub80 is as much sub as I will ever need in a medium-sized room, and it has half the power and half the (active) cone surface of just one of the BP7006s. Why would anyone ever need or want a 1200 watt sub unless their HT is the size of an airplane hangar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The built in subs produce enough base to rattle the walls in my room which is plenty good enough for me. I had no problems with the setup process. I had a little confusion setting up the amp but have figured it out. Posting pictures on this forum is kinda new for me so I don't know if I will post any pics. But it sounds really cool.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top