AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used PV-HS2000 on eBay - It was stuck on demo mode so I used 777-zones to reset to factory settings but am unable to complete setup - it dials out - I can hear it on my speakerphone - then connects and then tells me "Unable to authorize connection" - any idea? I have a spare Maxtor drive which I could install but would that help?

Otherwise how do I exit setup screen and use the unit as a "dumb" replayTV - i.e. like a VCR...?

Thanks a lot!

HB

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I would highly recommend that you try installing the new drive image yourself. This would also be a great opportunity to upgrade the size of your drive while you're at it. If you are running Windows XP/2000, it's a fairly easy process. Find a post from Mikeyboy, and click on the "Need a disk image" link in his signature. You will need to download the panasonic pvhs2000 image as well as rtvpatch version 2.2.4. Follow all the instructions carefully, and everything should go smoothly. If you run into any complications, we're always here to help. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently reimaged a drive with old software but after reimaging it would still not work then I sat down and gave it some thought on the what is the process of the call.

To make a long story short, I have DSL and realized that the DSL filter was not connected to the wall jack, so just in case you have DSL make sure you connect the filter that the HS2000 is connected to. Another thing I did was I dialed the server manually and heard it pickup, this told me it was at my end.

Hope this helps.

zenshikai

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! I got the Maxtor 120Gb drive to work and put in an extra fan - 125 hours of extended recording time.. was easy too! thanks to everybody who responded!

HBaeuerle

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad it worked !

I hope that my post didn't come off as a "RTFM" post. I was pressed for time and just wanted to get the essential facts out; I knew that the links covered the topic in pretty good detail.

As gweempose so aptly stated, most people here are pretty helpful, so if you need help in the future don't hesitate to ask. (As I am one who posts to ask mainly for help, I should know.)

Enjoy !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.