AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm really hoping that footage was from the ps3, because it was nothing special to look at.

· Registered
13,815 Posts
Seeing it's from Focus it won't be nearly as cool as Amalur and might even be considered shovelware. I guess it was inevitable considering how open they made the PS4. Still could be fun I like B tier stuff.

· Registered
2,034 Posts
Preview from playstation lifestyle: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/03/21/gdc-2014-bound-by-flame-preview/

Game sounds like an RPG wrapped in action-adventure style combat (looking at The Witcher series). Details about customization, crafting and choice really is resonating with me.
Quote:
The game has a good character customization area, allowing you to play as either male or female, and gives you the opportunity to make the character more your own. This will of course have an influence on the demon’s appearance as well as how the characters armor may fit.We were briefly shown some of the armor choices, and the selection was pretty vast, each with their own attributes as far as damage and types of protection given. Keep in mind that the more you use your demonic passenger the more evil your character will look, so two people, playing with an identical character but different play styles, may end up with two totally different looking characters by game end.

Hopefully the code is stable and not a hot buggy mess at launch.

· Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/04/new-combat-trailer-revealed-for-bound-by-flame-on-ps4/
Quote:
New Combat Trailer Revealed for Bound by Flame on PS4

Walid Miled's Avatar + Posted by Walid Miled on Apr 04, 2014 // Project Manager, Spiders Studio

Hello, PlayStation.Blog readers! This is Walid, producer at Spiders Studio. I’m very proud to tell you about Spiders’ latest game, and our first RPG for PS4, Bound by Flame. We plan to launch on May 9th for PS3 and PS4.

Today, we decided we’d focus a little more on the game’s combat and show off some PS4 footage for the first time.

This video is brand new and 100% pure gameplay — nothing pre-rendered — and should give you a little taste of the combat before we debut an epic combat trailer that covers all the combat mechanics and fighting styles. You’ll catch a glimpse of all the possibilities Bound by Flame offers in combat: Stealth, crossbow, fireballs, and a two-handed axe and hammer.

n Bound by Flame, the combat system lets you instantly switch between three stances (Fighter, Ranger, and Pyromancer), allowing you to adapt to the enemy you’re facing on the fly. We also showcase some of the creatures you’ll be fighting. There’s a lot of them out there, and each has its own characteristics and tendencies in combat.

The array of weapons in Bound by Flame offers a large number of possibilities. Will you smash your foes with a hammer, slice and dice with an axe or sword, or go sneaky with double daggers and long-range weapons? Or will you unleash the power of the demon and become a fearless pyromancer?

And if you want more info about the game, don’t hesitate to visit the official website or the official Facebook Page.

I’ll stop by sometime to answer comments, so if you have any questions, just ask!

· Registered
2,235 Posts
This game, atleast combat wise, to be a Kingdoms of Amalur clone. The combat there was pretty fun and it had a fun story. Basically...if someone could take that IP and build on it for next gen it would be a day one buy for me. That game was so much dang fun. Stinks that the devs went out of business making it.

· Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON  /t/1517625/bound-by-flame-ps4#post_24588682

Plays like Amalur... my interest is dropping, that game had boring combat.

I guess we have opposite tastes. I really enjoyed the combat in Amalur. I do enjoy Dark Souls combat more but it is a different style of gameplay. That game did many things quite well. It is a shame what happened to that studio.

· Registered
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have both games from PS+ as well. I enjoy both of them but haven't actually finished either. Killed the Red Dragon or whatever his name is in Dragons Dogma and have lost interest. Way too much back and forth going over the same roads (I think they fixed that problem with the Dark Arisen update but I don't know if I'll ever go back to it). Amalur has a much better traveling system and far better item management.

I would love to see sequels for both games as I enjoy the genre quite a bit.

· Registered
9,590 Posts
Dark Arisen fixed the travel system (fast travel is available much earlier and is very cheap) and the inventory system was greatly streamlined. The Dark Arisen content adds a lot to the end game story and is pretty challenging. It fixed almost every complaint people had with the core gameplay.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.