AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw "Bound" a couple of nights ago. It was the first movie that I have seen that justified my HT set-up. Not because it tested the limits of my system, but because it was flat-out a terrific suspense movie.

It involves a couple of lesbians whose lives get entangled with the mob. As you can imagine, it has a couple of sex scenes that are, mmmm, unconventional, and some raw violence. If you can make it through that, you are in for a rare treat of superb movie-making.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Bound was Directed by the Wachowski Brothers of Assasins and The Matrix Fame. You can see alot of the visual elements that make their style. This movie is great and I really think Tilly and Pantalioano did a great job as well

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I'm always hip for a suspense thriller with beautiful lesbians!! :) According to that special Matrix behind the scenes disk, they couldn't sell The Matrix, so they did this film in the meantime to put food on the table so to speak, and get some reputation built up. It is a great flick, and shows what good people can do with a small budget.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeroen
I agree a wonderful film, very original. Don't forget to check out the commentary, it's one of the best.
It's unique. The various members of the cast arrive during the commentary, with the directors introducing them - "Ladies and gentlemen - the fabulous Joey Pants!" Not so much a commentary, as a party with all the people involved watching the film with you. Susie Bright's comments are really something, weren't they?

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
The commentary's unique in that if I remember correctly, they get more and drunk as it progresses! :)

Great movie - one that gets lots of repeat viewing in my theater.

Some amazing camera work too. Listen to the commentary during the lesbian scene just to understand how complicated this camera sweep was to pull off.

Kal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.