AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do I need to keep it, is it required if I need warranty work later on?

It's huge and I would love to throw it out but do not want to screw myself. I bought the TV from Costco.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I also bought from COSTCO a 60 inch Kuro 6020 and have the box. Since return policy is 90 days, i am keeping it that long. After that it is a warrenty issue so no need for the box.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Yep, I would keep the box for the 90 day return period then cut out the UPC Code & etc & then throw it out.

Or you may just want to call Costco & find out what their policy is on the boxes & it may depend on if they delivered it or you took it home yourself.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son /forum/post/15594382

.. can you 'break it down' (near flat as possible) & store in attic; styro in rino bag.

+1

This is from Costco website on returns:

How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.

If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.

If your order was delivered curb side, it will need to be available for curb side pick up.

If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/15594350

How long do I need to keep it, is it required if I need warranty work later on?

It's huge and I would love to throw it out but do not want to screw myself. I bought the TV from Costco.

most large screen tvs have an in home warranty, check your manual to be sure. after the 90 days return period from costco is over throw it away if you want to.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 /forum/post/15594804

Make a fort out of it.

Save it to live in if times get tough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I stored it in the attic above the garage along with our 4 year old box for a Samsung 46" DLP which I've used once already to move the TV to a new place. I tend to keep most of the packaging for expensive items I buy but in this particular case, the box itself makes for the best possible protection to transport the TV in case you need to move.

We're planning on upgrading house in a few years so I'll keep it until then. If you don't anticipate on moving in the foreseeable future and your return warranty is up, toss it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The box should be kept throughout the exchange/return period. After that, it falls under warranty and it is no longer required. I had fun cutting it up in small pieces and using it as kindle for the fireplace. Works great as the cardboard is nice and thick.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts
Put the box in the back of a pickup truck, fill it with 500 lbs of bricks, then park the truck at the far end of a Circuit City parking lot and see how many people try to steal it while you video tape it from a friend's car nearby

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywalters /forum/post/15602420

put the box in the back of a pickup truck, fill it with 500 lbs of bricks, then park the truck at the far end of a circuit city parking lot and see how many people try to steal it while you video tape it from a friend's car nearby :d

lmao!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts