AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the latest release of A Boy & His Dog (First Run Features, 2003) is anamorphic or not? I have read conflicting statements on this from both reviewers and from vendors. Having a hard time finding out the truth here. Thanks.

·
23,032 Posts
The original release that I have is 1.33:1, IIRC, and is now OOP. The current one is 2.35:1 and anamorphic. At least this is what DVDempire claims. I just ordered the new one so I'll be able to tell you next week when it comes with my other October's Super Tuesday titles I ordered.

larry

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't know what release I have (I can check when I get home), but the version I just watched is 2.35:1 letterbox.

Not anamorphic :(

Shawn.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PooperScooper
The original release that I have is 1.33:1, IIRC, and is now OOP. The current one is 2.35:1 and anamorphic. At least this is what DVDempire claims. I just ordered the new one so I'll be able to tell you next week when it comes with my other October's Super Tuesday titles I ordered.

larry
Did it come yet? ;)

I've rented a lot of movies this week for a change - Bubba Ho-Tep, Returner, Underworld, Terminator 3, The Day After Tomorrow - and after each one I thought "That was entertaining, but I'm glad I didn't buy it."

A Boy & His Dog is one of those movies I really want to own, but waiting for an anamorphic version is driving me nuts.

Fortunately the anamorphic "The Thing" finally came out today!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PooperScooper

larry
Well? Well? :confused:

·
23,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chuft
Well? Well? :confused:
I'm sorry. It's been sitting unopened while I've been watching other things. I will pop it in tonight. I will even send myself email at home to remind myself (providing I read mail when I get home...) :) Also, my recollection of my "old" DVD was wrong. It was not 4:3, but the non-anamorphic 2:35.

larry

·
23,032 Posts
I was just making a joke. :) Some discs have "widescreen" on one side, and "4:3" on the other. So maybe this disc had "non-anamorphic" on one side and .....

larry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.