AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With much anticipation I hooked up a new BD35 to my Panny AE700. I expected to be blown away. Alas, I was totally dissappointed.

I rented the same movie in 480p and in BR. I had both DVD players hooked up so we could switch back and forth. Fact is there was no noticeable difference.

It appears to me that if one does not have a 1080p/24p compatible display then BR doesn't really work very well, if any.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hives /forum/post/15496761

With much anticipation I hooked up a new BD35 to my Panny AE700. I expected to be blown away. Alas, I was totally dissappointed.

I rented the same movie in 480p and in BR. I had both DVD players hooked up so we could switch back and forth. Fact is there was no noticeable difference.

It appears to me that if one does not have a 1080p/24p compatible display then BR doesn't really work very well, if any.

I can see a big difference with on my HD70 projector (720p) with about a 90" image. Both HD DVD and BD are a big improvement over DVD. You must not have something hooked up correctly or not configured correctly.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hives /forum/post/15496761

Paul, try posting in the Master thread for owners of this player to comment.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...75161&page=286

Or, do a search on 720P.

·
Premium Member
26,233 Posts
When using the search engine, go to advance search and use the title search only option. Limit search words to one or two...

in this case, 720 or 720p would be the search words. And as Donnie suggested, repost your comments within your player's master thread (which he linked).

I've used a BR player with my prev. 720 projector and saw a discernable, positive difference with most BR titles. Some titles will show some/or little benefit that might not WOW someone.

I can say that we watch two of the Lord of the Rings films this weekend on SD scaling the image with Lumagen's Radiance scaler. Some scenes looked very "HD-like" and I imagine when the BR comes out those scenes would "seem" similar in quality. BUT, the overall digital feel of these titles vs what I've come accustom to with BR...BIG difference...in some scenes...almost unwatchable in terms of what I'm used to and the enjoyment of watching well authored BR titles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.