AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching, testing, and retesting for a week on this and I am hitting a wall and need some of your expert help.


Here is what I am trying to do: take a bluray of mine and make an MKV (or any other Win7 MC playable container file) that is an EXACT replica of the video AND best audio stream.


I have read a ton of posts on how to use this tool or that tool but to date, I have been unable to pull the FULL 7.1 DTS-HD MA stream from my test bluray.


Here are the tools I have tried:

BDInfo.v.0.5.6

MediaInfo

Clown_BD_v0.79

eac3to/HdBrStreamExtractor/yr_eac3to_more_gui

RipBot264v1.16.3

tsMuxeR_1.10.6

PavTube

mkvtoolnix

MakeMKV

TsRemux


The bluray I am working with is the new Toy Story 3 movie. I am specifically trying to pull out the 7.1 DTS-HD MA audio stream only. When I demux I get a DTS-HD audio stream. At this point I don't know how many channels it is because I am testing on a computer (not my HTPC). I am using TMT3 and looking at the Info that is displayed when I play the file.


I have an AnyDVD ripped ISO image of the movie. When I mount it up and play it, the information panel within TMT3 says the audio says DTS-HD MA. When I play the MKV, the audio says DTS-HD.


I don't know if any of these tools actually support demuxing a full 7.1 DTS-HD MA audio stream. I don't know if it may be the filters I have installed. I don't know if I am just using the tools wrong but I am not seeing any guide style posts that are trying to use the full audio from a bluray.


Here are the filters I have installed:

ffdshow_rev3611_20101006_clsid

ffdshow_rev3611_20101006_clsid_x64

MatroskaSplitter


I have an i5 Clarkdale based HTPC connected via HDMI to my AVR. The bitstreamming works perfectly with blurays and the bluray ISOs mounted in my virtual drive. As I stated above, I have yet to test one of these files on the system (not at home atm). I want to make sure that I can still bitstream with MKVs as well.


This whole thing is to get around a problem I am having with a very few number of my blurays. I have a separate post about it here .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19581673


All you need to see the details of an mkv is to use MediaInfo.


Also, TMT does not support bitstreaming HD Audio from an mkv (best bet woudl be to use MPC HC + FFDShow for this)


MediaInfo says the audio is the same but then it must be in the way TMT3 interprets it because it is definitely different in TMT3 between the 2 files. Are there any players out there that work natively within WMC?


I have MPC HC and FFDShow installed and while the video plays, I get no audio. I DO get audio within TMT3, it's just DTS-HD and DTS-HD MA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia /forum/post/19582984


MediaInfo says the audio is the same but then it must be in the way TMT3 interprets it because it is definitely different in TMT3 between the 2 files. Are there any players out there that work natively within WMC?


I have MPC HC and FFDShow installed and while the video plays, I get no audio. I DO get audio within TMT3, it's just DTS-HD and DTS-HD MA.

You will not get DTS-HD MA with TMT3 and mkv because as I mentioned TMT3 does not support HD Audio in mkv. Use Media Info to confirm that you have 7.1 channels in your mkv


As far as native players, there are none for WMC. You can hack up your system to allow for the internal WMC player to play back the mkvs with full HD AUdio support. Another option, use a program like Media Browser or MyMovies which integrates with WMC. You can then have those programs launch MPC HC for playback of your mkvs (this is what I do, it is fairly seamless without having to mess around with WMC settings). If you want to try using the internal WMC player I would suggest taking a look at Sharks codec pack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/19583012


You will not get DTS-HD MA with TMT3 and mkv because as I mentioned TMT3 does not support HD Audio in mkv. Use Media Info to confirm that you have 7.1 channels in your mkv


As far as native players, there are none for WMC. You can hack up your system to allow for the internal WMC player to play back the mkvs with full HD AUdio support. Another option, use a program like Media Browser or MyMovies which integrates with WMC. You can then have those programs launch MPC HC for playback of your mkvs (this is what I do, it is fairly seamless without having to mess around with WMC settings). If you want to try using the internal WMC player I would suggest taking a look at Sharks codec pack.

I use media browser currently to mount/unmount bluray ISOs and it has been working pretty well so far except for the problems I am running into in the link in my OP...hence the reason to try mkv



When using MPC with media browser, does it flip out to MPC and then back to WMC? Does the remote still work? The system HAS to function like a TV or my wife will kill me. I really haven't touched it since I built and set it up months ago and it has been working flawlessly. I am a little hesitant to change things on the machine because it's the "heart" of our entertainment system at home and when it's down...it's a prob :O


MediaInfo says there are 8 channels on the mkv and the bluray stream when I open it up. So it must be TMT3's inability to play 7.1 from an mkv. Do you know if it supports 7.1 in any other container file? Also, any idea why I wouldn't be getting any audio with MPC HC with the same file? At least with TMT3 I get audio.


Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia /forum/post/0



I use media browser currently to mount/unmount bluray ISOs and it has been working pretty well so far except for the problems I am running into in the link in my OP...hence the reason to try mkv



When using MPC with media browser, does it flip out to MPC and then back to WMC? Does the remote still work? The system HAS to function like a TV or my wife will kill me. I really haven't touched it since I built and set it up months ago and it has been working flawlessly. I am a little hesitant to change things on the machine because it's the "heart" of our entertainment system at home and when it's down...it's a prob :O


MediaInfo says there are 8 channels on the mkv and the bluray stream when I open it up. So it must be TMT3's inability to play 7.1 from an mkv. Do you know if it supports 7.1 in any other container file? Also, any idea why I wouldn't be getting any audio with MPC HC with the same file? At least with TMT3 I get audio.


Thanks!

You can see my guide here on using mpc with media browser

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...media-browser/
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top