AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I love my Oppo BDP-103D to death. I accidentally acquired a second one and it is still sealed in the manufacturers box.

Mint condition perfect.

This will play any file under the sun and do so with style. And thats just if you care about music. (this is a great source, the Oppo 105 is a better DAC...but if you already have one..or plug into an AV receiver then it doesnt matter)

If you want to use it as a video player then it is the best of the best. (Here the Oppo 105 is equal, since the difference between them is only the DAC)

AAAND it has a Darbee Darblet built in.

All in all this a great deal, and coming to you for an unbelievable price.

520 + paypal and shipping.

I think this is cheaper than any listing on any site that I could find. And like I say, NOT USED, still in the original sealed packaging.

Only thing I would consider trading for is an AV receiver that can decode DSD files.

Dang, my pictures are too large? Oh well its just pictures of a box...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
where are you located? may want to trade the receiver in person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Houston is the location.

Yes I have feedback and Head-Fi and eBay (not as a seller I dont think...) User name should be the same on head fi.

Cant reply to PMs just yet: so here is a public reply

You were considering a BDP-93 but this will suffice?

This is a step up from the BDP-93, and an additional step up because it has the Darbee. So yeah it will "suffice"...and no I will not take less than 500 PLUS shipping and paypal.

Accidentally acquired - ordered 1, received it. 3 weeks later, received a 2nd one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put the ISO playing firmware thing on my other one, so I can send along the files for that as a bonus even though it probably wont work. The ebay seller requires the device MAC address...but you never know...it could be total BS and the same one will work on any BDP-103D.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Houston is the location.

Yes I have feedback and Head-Fi and eBay (not as a seller I dont think...) User name should be the same on head fi.

Cant reply to PMs just yet: so here is a public reply

You were considering a BDP-93 but this will suffice?

This is a step up from the BDP-93, and an additional step up because it has the Darbee. So yeah it will "suffice"...and no I will not take less than 500 PLUS shipping and paypal.

Accidentally acquired - ordered 1, received it. 3 weeks later, received a 2nd one.
So you ordered and received one and the company mistakenly sent you a second one for a total of two? Meaning you paid for one and received two?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it was a little more complicated than that. The first one was lost in the mail, or well delivered to the completely wrong place apparently. I had to put in a claim and wait 3 weeks to finally receive the first one (3 weeks after fed ex said it arrived) another 3 weeks go by and 2nd one appears. So I dont know if the person who it was accidentally delivered to finally returned it to me 6 weeks later or what. I blame FedEx though.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
If you didn't pay for it you should return it.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
IMO, you should do the right thing and return it to the retailer - they are the ones losing out while you are trying to make a quick buck.
Agreed, why profit Dishonestly from anothers Loss?:cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I don't know why anyone on here would buy this , it is clear as day the seller is dishonest why support him ....

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
How do you "accidentally" acquire anything?

Wish I could accidentally acquire a million dollars. :D
I have in the past 'accidentally' acquired several thousand dollars from inattentive bank tellers. When I went in to cash a several thousand dollar check (payment for construction services rendered) the teller just threw down several packs of banded hundred dollar bills. I was sole bread winner and had three very young children and it was tempting to take the cash. Instead, I told the teller that she had better count it out because it looked like too much money and when she did she discovered that she was trying to give me an extra $3000.00!

Another time when I was making a deposit run to the bank for a window company that I was managing the teller tried to give me an extra $758.00 cash back but I made them correct themselves.

It would have been nice to have the extra cash at the time but I am glad that I was honest and don't have the black stain on my conscience that taking advantage would have produced.

Reactions: bakerwi and rboster
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.