AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, good people. A quick dumb "?" from a self-confessed Luddite as it pertains to most things of a technical nature: We picked up this Bluray unit yesterday to replace a pooched Samsung 1600 (never again, Dear Lord!) as a gap player until I can afford an OPPO. Evcerything works well, except the aspect ratio of the picture. It is just a tad too big for the TV (Sammy 50", last year's model). The bottom edge of the pic - where the disc menu resides - is cut off. Don't think it's a TV issue, must be something within the Bluray player

We've checked through the manual to no avail.

Does anyone out there know how to adjust the size of the picture so we get 100% of the pic info? Perspiring minds need to know!

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost147 /forum/post/21596337

Good morning, good people. A quick dumb "?" from a self-confessed Luddite as it pertains to most things of a technical nature: We picked up this Bluray unit yesterday to replace a pooched Samsung 1600 (never again, Dear Lord!) as a gap player until I can afford an OPPO. Evcerything works well, except the aspect ratio of the picture. It is just a tad too big for the TV (Sammy 50", last year's model). The bottom edge of the pic - where the disc menu resides - is cut off. Don't think it's a TV issue, must be something within the Bluray player

We've checked through the manual to no avail.

Does anyone out there know how to adjust the size of the picture so we get 100% of the pic info? Perspiring minds need to know!

I don't know about that specific model, but...

I doubt if current BR players are overscanning the image. Verify for us that you are using HDMI and a high definition output resolution like 1080p.

Else I would suspect the TV mode. Is this the same input port you were using previously without trouble? Try cycling through the modes and see if the overscan changes.

-Bill

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, hdmi and 1080p.

no probs when the samsung 1600 was there - well, LOTS of probs with that sorry excuse for a bluray player, but aspect ratio wasn't one of them.

Grinding, burping and farting noises on start-up, usually culminating in that GD "this player cannot read this disc" message, or failing to eject some discs, then ejecting others and then re-inserting same immediately afterwards,

But I digress

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts