AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received my 5040 that I grabbed from the clearance store at DNNA. Wanted to get that sucker before they are discontinued and I lost my commercial advance and Internet sharing. Anyway, today I set it up (replacing my old 3030) and after wards, I notice that I had messages.

Speaking of messages, I had several messages. Actually I had like 6 messages telling me that my 5040 has had a series of power failures and the dates of those power failures was in 2002 in this month. My purchase was for a brand new machine with activation included (which was), however I am trying to figure out why in 2002 this machine would have had power failures when it is suppose to be brand new and never used. I believe I must have a re-manufactured machine! Replay Lyndon, do you have any ideas?

Dennis

·
Registered
912 Posts
When you receive the unit the clock is not set correctly, so any power failures you get (or induce by plugging/unplugging/software bugs) prior to the first net connect will show up as odd times. I recall these being somewhere in 2002.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
The other thing is if the unit has a white sticker with the serial number on it, then it's refurbed. If it's the silver sticker it should be new.

There are 3 messages on a new replay. Some about power loss and I think one about welcome to replayTV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.