AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm brand new to the audio world and just got my first experience in how good audio can sound in a good system. I've been running my audio through a compartively cheap speaker system for a few years now. Never had the money to get a good setup. My roommate (who moved in about a month ago) is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE audiophile and has been trying to tell me about what I'm missing out on. Well, he just came back from the holidays and brought with him a massive subwoofer with a 15" cone that is obviously much bigger than my room can handle. I didn't think this would make that huge of a difference.

BOY WAS I WRONG! The audio sounds so much better with better bass response and now I realize how crappy my main speakers are. I will be buildng myself some speakers now, with his help, and I feel like a kid again. This is incredible. Music sounds so much clearer and crisper, and with a better speaker setup, it will be even better. WOW!

· Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeaver /forum/post/15422236

Welcome, just be careful its addicting.

So true...Oh well at least its a fun and good way to spend money

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol. Very true. My roommate was putting together a subwoofer and just let me finish it up. Simple placing and securing the parts to the enclosure. I now need to find the time to finish the outside of it so it's not "primer white".

In the meantime, I've bought a speaker kit for a pair of Dayton Audio speakers to use for my front left and right. Not bad for $379 shipped. (They're the Dayton RS621BK speakers from partsexpress). I figure it will allow me to get into the know-how of building speakers before I go and build completely from scratch. Once I've completed these, I'll look for parts to build the rest. Currently, I'm just trying to find a good center speaker to match my new left/right speakers. This is tough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.