AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you find this info, please post it here. I'm looking for the same thing.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Nice stuff. But pretty expensive. I wonder, what would pvc spray painted with brass paint look like. Definetly not as nice, but if you were trying to fake the brass rails on the cheap and were not relying upon them to support alot of weight, it might work.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Adam,

Be aware of peeling paint off of PVC!!!

Pam

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. The ball joints is what I was thinking. I am planning on calling a couple of bar and billiards suppliers. As a matter of fact, there is one called Bars and Billiards Supply in Fort Worth. Not sure if they are just local.

Thanks for the links BTW.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Pam,

I will. I've got some PVC pipe already, and a brass paint can't be much more than 6 bucks for a can right? So I figure what the heck. I've don't have any kids so there shouldn't be too much rubbing and touching. I'll let you know how it goes. It's just an idea. The one issue I've come up agains already is that the couplings won't look anywhere near as cool as the rounded top ones you can find at jgbraun.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Art,

I know you have railings in your HT. What thinkness pipe are you using.?

I was considering the 1" railings just for pure price. Does anything think that will look to small or should I go with another size? What' the standard size for railings are is there any?

I was just going to use them for behind my platform, but I'm sure they will have to take some wear and tear over time.

Jeff

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
I'm using 2". Depending on how you mount them be aware that it will be tough to get any rigidity or stability without having three sides.

I had to get a lot of strength since I do have a lot of children and they will use them as monkey bars almost instinctively.

As most of you know , I've done quite a bit with gold paint and it will never give the look of brass. If you are doing other things like trim it seems to be acceptable but the railings, I think , just have to be metal.

Art

·
Registered
501 Posts
Use a black base coat with metalic paints.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was thinking I was going to need to use something larger than the 1" brass. I also place on having 3 sides. After looking at railings in commercial places, I see that they also use 2"-3". That adds a lot of price to it.

Do you think it would look to "dinky" or out of place to use the 1" railings vs the 1-1/2" or 2"?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The first reply mentioned Outwater. Go to their website and order their catalog, you'll be amazed at how much stuff they have which you can use in the HT (velvet rope and stancions, rope lighting, etc.). They have brass railings and fittings in 1 1/2" and 2". Prices seem reasonable to me (I'm getting ready to order a brass footrail for my bar).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.