AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if i could get some help with my Bravia KDL-55W950B...when playing Ps4 whilst it looks great it doesn't look as good or as beautiful as it does on some youtube videos i am watching in 1080p. This may be a noob thing i'm not sure...but i was wondering if anybody could share their calibration settings with me to get the ultimate picture for ps4? or give me an answer as to why i am not getting a more beautiful picture. I have set it to game mode and turned the Sharpness down which has a helped a little...but i feel like it's still not 100%.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have to remember that some games are not doing full 1080p. My recommendation for you is to play on Movie mode instead of Game mode so that your games would look more realistic. Movie mode is always more accurate on Sony TVs. And bring sharpness down to zero or minimum again to get rid of edge enhancement.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Most if not all games are 1080p on the PS4. The ones that aren't, the internal hardware of the PS4 up-scales it to 1080p so it always reports 1080p to the display.

For video gaming, all that is really needed is to make sure you are calibrating the brightness controls in Limited RBG mode. There is no significant changes to be noticeable between FULL and LIMITED RBG mode, except limited is a lot easier to calibrate when you don't have any special tools.

Specifically, all you really need to do is make sure you do not see -2% black on the free calibration DVD provided on this website and you're done. You can then buy a blue filter screen of amazon for less than 10 dollars, and using the star chart pattern off the free DVD you can calibrate sharpness more precisely than most tests. This will allow you to get pretty close to calibrated, probably about 85% better than most TV's. Obviously a professional calibrating on RBG full will look slightly better, but that also costs a lot more.

Color is always subjective. Some like more saturation, but there's a certain point to where it may bleed.

If you have an iPad Air 2; they are significantly more accurate in color and contrast than your TV. The average color scale iPad is around 3.9 Color, which means they aren't perfect... but it will get you significantly closer than before.
http://www.displaymate.com/iPad6_ShootOut.htm#Colors_Intensities

Just take your iPad out and compare images, try to get the color saturation as close as possible and you'll get a display that's pretty much 95% better than a regular TV, but not perfect.

(make sure ipad is set to 100% brightness)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts