AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one using the new BRAVO D1 with the PIO 503CMX...

I do understand that the the 5002 card is not HDCP compliant but according to some previous threads the Bravo D1 has been used for copyrighted materials using DVI out put.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I currently have the D1 and the 503. I'm not able to synch up using DVI. I have been working w/ Ken at VINC to try to get this resolved.

There is the ability to set customs settings on the DVI output. I'm trying to get the output of the D1 to sync at NR (1280x768) into the 503. In theory, this should bypass the Pio internal scaler and lock in dot for dot.

marty

·
Registered
213 Posts
Marty,

I spent about an hour last night trying to make the D1 work with my 503CMX via DVI yesterday with no luck. I remember reading a post somewhere that the DVI port on the PDA-5002 card only accept computer signal, not video signal. That maybe the problem.

If somehow, through vinc's help, you can make it work it would be great and I'd be eager to learn from you.

Regards

·
Registered
242 Posts
My Bravo D1 should be waiting for me when I get home tonite. I have a Pioneer 433CMX and I'm hoping that it will work with my unit's 1024x768 native rate. If not, I'm sure someone around here can put it to good use.

-Skip

·
Registered
432 Posts
BaN,

Looks like no luck w/ the 503 and the 5002 card. This card will only accept a PC signal. Just confirmed this w/ the folks at Pioneer.

marty

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
If you look in the 5002 manual, it says what resolution/frequency signals the DVI will support. It does support video at 480p, but maybe that's not of interest with the Bravo. I've hooked my TS-160 HD receiver up to the 5002 DVI port, and it works at 480p, but not 720p or 1080i, which is consistent with what the manual says. (Or course, I didn't read the manual before trying and was dissapointed it wouldn't do 720p.)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess in order to have a "video" DVI input we need to buy the A303 card.

I was getting too exited for a $200 DVI DVD player :)

Is the A303 available now!...I read somewhere it has a price target og $595...can some one confirm it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Could someone try using the bravo at 480P thru DVI and report there comparisons with there current DVD player. I have a 433CMX and thinking about purchasing a Bravo.

Thanks,

John Flegert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.