AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sony 400 lcd pj can NOT accept a 480p signal, therefore my CP72's (similar to RP82) progressive mode is wasted - (have to use it in 480i)

however, the sony WILL accept 540p and 1080i in component input - so it should work fine w/ the D1

BUT i hear 'bad'(?) things in this forum about the Bravo's component capabilities - and my sony does not have DVI input.

Q: should the D1 in 540p / 1080i component be an improvement over my CP72's 480i component signal?

ps: i asked a similar question in the pj

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would guess that you may see some improvement. Heck for $200, you could just buy one, check it out, and then if there is NO improvement, sell it to someone on AVS!!!

By using the Bravo, you may have fewer motion artifacts (if the deinterlacing on the player is better than the 400Q), but is it possible you could get some downsampling errors if you put in 1080i? Isn't the projector's panel 800 x 480 (sorry I don't remember... it's been a long time since I've read about the 400)?

So, I may have offered nothing useful. Sorry. But I saw nobody has replied yet so I thought I'd keep you company. ;) :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.