Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jimmy,

You are correct, the 10HT does not have a DVI input.

I am looking for a DVD player to use with my 10HT and thought the D1 might be a candidate with it's component output. At $200 the D1 seems to have a lot to offer especially if I can get 720p or 1080i out of it?

I am using a HTPC with my 10HT and am less than thrilled because of the partial scaling I can't bypass (so far) on the 10HT.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I've never tried the component output on the D1.

I can't remember for sure but I think some of the guy's got it to upscale on component. If your planning to upgrade your pj the Bravo D1 would be a good choice for DVI output.

·
Registered
75 Posts
According to the review in the latest Sound and Vision magazine, the analog outputs are soft. However, the DVI output was excellent, and it works with projectors whose DVI input is not HDCP compliant as they tested it with one (I just can't remember the name, but it is reviewed in the same issue). This was a prototype, so the analog might get better in the production version.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
The D1 is not very good using the component outputs. I don't think too much effort (or extra cost) was designed into those outputs.

This is strickly a DVI machine... But the DVI image is State-of-the-art!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
i'm holding out for an affordable sony sxrd projector to replace my 10HT.

that said, i'm investing in a spare bulb and the samsung hd1000.

fwiw, from purusing some of the manufacturer's

websites, i get the impression that the dvi dvd

players are a US market only phenomena

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.