AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on Vincs site but could not find anything related to upgrading the firmware.

I am unable to access the macrovision menu, and I suspect that this might be due to having the wrong firmware version.

Does anyone know a link that points to upgrading/changing the firmware on the d1?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Go to this page: http://www.vinc.us/support.asp?faq=dvd

and scroll down to the end. It has links to the firmware download and instructions. IIRC, you download an ISO image (a file that any CD burning software can use to produce a CD) and then follow the instructions for updating your DVD player with it. I updated my D1 using this procedure without any problems.

-Max

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
max can you access the menu that disables macrovision?

Thanks!

Jason

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
There is no menu that disables MV, unless you are using modified firmware.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am being told by several people that d,u,d,u,r,l opens a menu that will allow you to disable macrovision.

I updated to 1.05, but I think that this is the firmware that came with my D1 (I got it last week as I was already able to access the custom DVI resolution menu).

Others also claim to be able to get an analog DVI signal out of their D1, but I am also unable to get this to work. The DVU port on the D1 does contain the extra inputs associated with analog DVI, but again this doesn't work for me. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.