AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried many tests. I cannot tell the difference between a picture on my Bravo D1 and my Sony progressive dvd. Maybe I am not much of videophile. It is a hassle to put the DVI through the conduit . I am abondoning ship and putting my unit on ebay.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
What display are you using?

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you are not using the DVI connection, the Bravo isn't going to do you a bit of good. If you are using DVI and can't see a difference, you might want to get your display calibrated. The difference is night and day on my Hitachi 57SWX20B.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My first Bravo arrived with a faulty remote. Within two days, I had a replacement set (and TWO remotes!).

Now I need the thread that describes setup - am using a 34XGR 800. I believe I need to do the setup in composite, but don't know whether to set it at 108i initially. The manual is not very helpful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Park,

Follow the firmware upgrade instructions on the V Inc. web site. I believe you are going to want to do the initial setup in composite, then using the setup menu, switch to 1080i. At this point, the composite output goes dead and your DVI output goes live.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by park
My first Bravo arrived with a faulty remote. Within two days, I had a replacement set (and TWO remotes!).

Now I need the thread that describes setup - am using a 34XGR 800. I believe I need to do the setup in composite, but don't know whether to set it at 108i initially. The manual is not very helpful.
park-

Press the TV Mode button at the top of the remote's panel until it cycles to the desired output. You'll see the output setting will be displayed on the Bravo D1's front panel to guide you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich4av
What display are you using?

I have an sx21 and installed the firmware into the bravo. I tried the custom settings. I am such a newbie, I do not know what you mean by display? I have the aspect ratio on 16:9. I tried 720 and 1080i.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Rich4av is asking what TV are you using? And on that TC, what kind of input are you using? (DVI/Component/svideo/composite)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jim - I guess my question about setup goes beyond your answer. Should I do the full setup first with a component hookup, before switching to the dvi plug? Should I first set the video at something other than 1080i? When I set it at 1080i yesterday, I got a blue screen with the dvd information in a faded white.

Can I do the initial setup using the dvi cable, and if so, given that I'm using a Sony 34XGR 800, should I set the screen resolution at 1080i?

Somewhere on this forum there was a link that walked you through the setup.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by park
Jim - I guess my question about setup goes beyond your answer. Should I do the full setup first with a component hookup, before switching to the dvi plug? Should I first set the video at something other than 1080i? When I set it at 1080i yesterday, I got a blue screen with the dvd information in a faded white.

Can I do the initial setup using the dvi cable, and if so, given that I'm using a Sony 34XGR 800, should I set the screen resolution at 1080i?

Somewhere on this forum there was a link that walked you through the setup.

Thanks
Forget about the component video, do the video setup and calibration with the DVI. Keep the component free for an HDTV tuner.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jepmail
I have an sx21 and installed the firmware into the bravo. I tried the custom settings. I am such a newbie, I do not know what you mean by display? I have the aspect ratio on 16:9. I tried 720 and 1080i.
I was able to increase the white level and decrease the black level on our PLV-70, and this new spread has created a great difference in the "depth" of the image. The blacks seem deeper and the whites are brilliant. I can imagine that the SX21 could use this boost, too. Have you recalibrated your image with Avia or some other system with the Bravo? This, and the lack of video noise, is what has really helped our projector's image. The image we started with, just on the initial run, was less than stellar. After changing the settings, WOW! Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.