Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This my first time posting on these forums. I was about to purchase the Bravo D1 from V, Inc.'s website when I happened to stop by these forums and noticed talk about a v2 and v3. I've got a Panasonic 50LC13 television and was wanting to take advantage of its DVI capabilties. So my question is this: Will I be missing out on any noteworthy features of the Bravo V2 if I get the Bravo D1 now? I know the Bravo V2 is supposed to be out in Feb. but if its not much different from the D1 then I see know reason to wait (I really want DVI!). One more question, if theres anyone that owns the Panasonic 50LC13 and has a Bravo D1 hooked up through DVI, hows the PQ and are there any problems between the two devices? Thanks for any feedback.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aceor,

Check this link for DVD players with DVI/HDMI:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=349741

(If it doesn't work search for any post by Arungupta and in his signature line will be a link to DVD players with DVI from CES). I can barely wait to get DVI myself and had planned to buy a D2 but based on the mixed AVS comments about the D1 (great DVI picture but crappy build and overly sensitive to dirty or scratched DVDs, etc.), I plan to wait a few months until there are more options to chose from. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but I hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks makanan, didn't know there were that many more DVI players coming out this year. Is there anything major that the D2 will offer (PQ wise) over the D1 or are they pretty much going to be the same thing? Will I be missing out if I go ahead and get the D1 and just skip the D2? If theres nothing major that the D2 will offer over the D1 then there will be no reason for me to wait.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would use the AVS search feature and dig around the forum for details (there are lots of posts on Bravo products and comparisons of their features). I don't recall reading anything about changes that would affect PQ but other improvements are discussed that may affect your decision.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Aceor
Thanks makanan, didn't know there were that many more DVI players coming out this year. Is there anything major that the D2 will offer (PQ wise) over the D1 or are they pretty much going to be the same thing? Will I be missing out if I go ahead and get the D1 and just skip the D2? If theres nothing major that the D2 will offer over the D1 then there will be no reason for me to wait.
I have PT50LC13 also & am waiting on DVI player.

From what I have read here, do NOT get D1. It has many problems with loading & reading discs.

Wait 1-2 months & get D2. Or better yet, wait 6 months and have several DVI choices.

I'll probably get D2, but maybe D3 (red laser HD potential; see old posts on this).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.