AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On about half the movies I've watched so far on my new D1, I've noticed a "ghosting" of lower frequency noise when an actor is speaking. It seems most prevelent during scences when a male actor is speaking loudly and there is no background music or other noise.

I've tried both digi coax and toslink connections-- coax being somewhat more pronounced with this "ghosting". My other DVD player does not show the same audio problem, so I've ruled out the remainder of my audio components as the problem.

I'm not quite sure why this effect is noticeable on some DVD's and not others... haven't tried enough DTS discs to see if the same problem exists.

Has any one else with a D1 noticed this audio defect?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oooops!

I played around with my reciever last night and thought I better clear my D1 of any wrong doing.... it gets plenty of flack on this forum already.

Apparently I had the cross-over frequency on my reciever set too high @ 200Hz. When I set it to 120Hz, the low frequency reverb went away. I'm still puzzled as to why my other dvd player didn't have the same issue though...

All in all I've been pretty happy with the D1 so far. It's only refused to load 1 disc (a bootlegged DVD-R); 1 or 2 other discs required turning the unit off and on to play. Netflix discs have played without problems, despite their less than pristine condition. And the digi-coax output seems to be on par with the toslink connection-- others have reported the coax as being "out of phase" or sounding thin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.