Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bravo duo

The Bravo D2 is a more-expensive update of the Bravo D1. The 480p/1080i/720p/custom scaling MPEG-4 DVD/media player adds control of brightness and contrast on DVI, enhanced DVD-ROM drive, and improved analog video output, as well as a new remote. Available in a titanium finish, the Bravo D2 will ship in February with an MSRP of $249.

Meanwhile the Bravo D3, which will be available sometime in the April/June time frame for $349, is being touted by V as the first "DVD player with enhanced REALmagic HD deinterlacing and integrated Windows Media Player 9 HD decoding with HighMAT formatted playback." Powered by Sigma Designs' EM8620L on-chip processor, it's also the first player capable of playing MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and WMV9 in high definition. Audio decoding includes WMA9, WMA Pro, WMA lossless, Dolby Digital, MP3, MPEG-1/2 (layers 1, 2, and 3), and MPEG-4 AAC. In other words, if you're looking for a DVD player that will play just about any format thrown at it--and that has a DVI connection--this is one you should have your eye on.

Which one are you getting?

Im thinking of getting the Bravo D2 because of my budget. Ive never seen a picture in 720p or 1080i/p. Im getting a projector also. Maybe the new Infocas 4805 when it ships.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a D1 Bravo and most people are aware of it numerous issues this unit has had including recent replacement of my wn unit.

My problem is with V,inc the company who have relatively poor customer/technical service (you leave a message and they call you back in a couple of days) as well as making YOU pay for shipping your DVD player back to them to get repaired/replaced.

It is one thing to make a great product but you also have to back it up.

Originally I was enthusiastic about this as they are a local company but I will definitely not recommend or buy from them again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.