·
Registered
344 Posts
V Inc. told me they will be available "late March, maybe"

This was in an email.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Me too. I kept my D1 instead. Works fine.

"Late March, maybe" translated in consumer electronics speak from a small company means - to me - May. It took me 3 weeks to get the D1 this month.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i have the samsung 931 but it has a few problems i was hoping to return it and get the bravo d2 i got the samsung as a christmas gift and i am running out of time to return it .

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have an old Sony with no DTS, no component output, and which won't pass the full video contrast spectrum. So I bought the D1 in Dec. Then I heard about the D2 and decided to return the D1 and wait. Then I got that email and decided I could not wait that long and kept the D1. It was the "maybe" which really got me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Better remote, better analog out, better faceplate, better loader.

I have a universal remote, keep it in the closet, and only use DVI. I would like the better loader, though.

Ultimately I think I will upgrade to the D3 when it comes out late in the year anyway - that is why I got the D1. If this was my last and final DVD player purchase, I might have waited. Also, I figure if I want to upgrade to the D2, I can sell the D1 on Ebay for minimal loss.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Quote:
Better remote, better analog out, better faceplate, better loader.
Don't forget the ability to adjust contrast and brightness on the DVI connection. :eek: That is the feature I am most looking forward to.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Right. Of course that only helps if you are using a DVI switrch to run multiple sources to a single DVI input. Like I will be doing as soon as HD DirecTivo is released.

·
Registered
90 Posts
From V Inc's website:

Quote:
Available in the V Inc. titanium finish, the Bravo D2 will be shipping in February....
If March is the new "expected" date, looks like they better call the webmaster to fix that typo...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Hampton
I hear one of V-Inc's competetors, R2, is releasing there own version.. the R2D2 :cool:
Bad bad bad....:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.