AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, this thread has *nothing* to do with the loader lockups! :) I've also read every thread with 'Bravo' in it, and didn't see this mentioned.

I've had a Bravo for several months, waiting for a delayed HDTV to arrive (Toshiba LCoS, long story...). I tried the Bravo once when it arrived to be sure it worked, it was fine.

Recently, I tried to use it because some other DVDs didn't work in an older player. The good news is that they played fine, with no lockups.

But, I finally noticed that the Bravo lacks features that every player I've had over the last six years had.

I don't get why:

You can't tell where you are in a DVD (time-wise)

You can't tell where you are in a Chapter (time-wise).

You can adjust the output line level from the remote.

I'll keep it for the DVI output, but I can't believe these sort of elementary features are missing. (Who would write DVD firmware without looking at *any* other player and seeing that it had the 'location' features?)

Or am I doing something wrong?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
yeah, the display is pretty useless. Most people watch the display, because there's nothing on the screen!:D

I can't tell the chapter, either.

And why does the Dolby logo light when watching DTS?

Who knows?:confused:

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
We are all Beta test sites!:D

John

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
leesweet:

On my Bravo D1, it displays elapsed time (in hours and minutes). What I do is look at the case to see how long the movie is and voila! Then I know how far I am in to the movie...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
LOL!

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, folks... partly wanted to be sure I wasn't crazy (on the Bravo, I mean.. :) ), and partly wanted to complain.

Can't believe this thing... it *better* look good when the HD set shows up!

(You get the impression the folks that wrote the firmware had never owned a DVD player, maybe only a VCR? ... :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.