AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Network Available to More than One Million Cable Subscribers

Englewood Cliffs, NJ, January 21, 2004 -- NBC Cable Networks (NBCC) announced that Bravo HD+ is now available to 1.4 million customers. The announcement was made today by David Zaslav, President, NBCC. Insight Communications will make the network available to nearly one million subscribers in ten mid-west markets including Louisville, Lexington, and Covington, KY; Kokomo/Lafayette, Anderson/Noblesville, and Evansville, IN; Springfield, Peoria, and Champaign, IL; and Columbus, Ohio. Additional launches for Bravo HD+ include Cox Communications (Parma, OH); GCI Cable, Inc. (Anchorage, AK); Mediacom Broadband (Des Moines, IA); Patriot Media Communications (Somerset, NJ); Blue Ridge Communications (Stroudsburg, PA); and Service Electric Cablevision (Sundbury, PA).

"Bravo HD+ provides consumers with a truly unique viewing experience," said Zaslav. "It is the only place to see exclusive arts and entertainment content that is 100% HD 24/7." Zaslav continued, "As sales of HD televisions increase, so will the demand for HD programming. Bravo HD+ is one of the few cable networks where consumers can enjoy the benefits of HD programming."

"Bravo HD+ is a valuable addition to our HDTV offerings," said Pam Halling, Insight's Senior Vice President, Marketing & Programming. "The diversity of available programming and value-added placement on our HDTV entry point makes it an important component of this growing part of our business."

Launched this past July, Bravo HD+ features the best in arts and entertainment television. Newly-acquired content complements programming that was originally broadcast on Bravo or NBC. Specifically, programming includes the first HD telecasts of "The West Wing," Cirque du Soleil's "Varekai," as well as arts and entertainment content such as "Music in High Places," which features top recording artists performing at the most ancient sites on earth. This series features performances from Ryan Adams, the Goo Goo Dolls, The Calling and India Arie.

Bravo HD+ is owned by NBC; their parent company is General Electric (NYSE: GE).

About NBC Cable Networks

NBC Cable Networks is responsible for the distribution as well as affiliate relations, marketing and local advertising sales services of nine properties: Bravo, Bravo HD+, CNBC, CNBC World, MSNBC, ShopNBC, Telemundo, mun2 and the Olympics. NBC Cable Networks also maintains interests in A&E Network and The History Channel.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm glad there's another HD channel available, but I honestly won't watch it. The only thing on Bravo that's halfway interested me is the Celebrity Poker show and I need to stress "halfway."

There's a lot of other channels I wish would begin HD programming.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If I read that correctly, Bravo-HD is limited to the Midwest only? That doesn't make much sense...I must be reading it incorrectly.

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Exactly, if we can get it on D*... :)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stickyfingers
If I read that correctly, Bravo-HD is limited to the Midwest only?
Quote:
Insight Communications will make the network available to nearly one million subscribers in ten mid-west markets
because ... Insight Communications only provides service to the Midwest. It looks like BravoHD (NBC) struck a deal to get carried on all Insight markets and are making smaller deals with other companies ... I wouldn't call GCI Cable, Inc. (Anchorage, AK) or Patriot Media Communications (Somerset, NJ) mid-west.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.