AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw a post here about Bravo HD coming to a Directv near you. Has anyone heard anything about that? Sure would be nice to see President Bartlet in HD (at least that's the rumors).


Wynn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
I think I read where they were in "negotiations" to carry this channel. Which may not be as bad as it sounds. It took them 2 1/2 years to add Showtime HD, then 1 year to add Discovery HD and then only 3 months to add ESPN HD from those channels' respective launch dates.


You might email DirecTv and see what they have to say about it. If you do, post their response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,531 Posts
Bravo HD is currently running an eight hour programming loop. DirecTV may have capacity for one more HD channel on 110, or two if they move the Chinese package, so they will be very selective about what HD they add until February or so.


I'd speculate that they don't add Bravo HD until February, but rather use the bandwidth they have for Starz Theater HD and/or Starz HD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Prolly referring to the new satellite going to 119 later this year that will be up and tweaked by then.. freeing up some space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,531 Posts
XFactor,


DirecTV-7S should be operational in February, allowing DirecTV to off-load locals from 119 conus beams onto spots, thereby freeing up some conus transponders at that slot for HDTV and other channels. I expect this to provide capacity for another six HDTV channels.


DirecTV-7S satellite was originally expected to be operational in January, with a late November or early December launch, but there has been some delay in launch dates on the platform they intend to use.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv



DirecTV-7S satellite was originally expected to be operational in January, with a late November or early December launch, but there has been some delay in launch dates on the platform they intend to use.
What a surprise. Does any scheduled event in the HD hobby ever occur on time?:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,335 Posts
Mikey,


Yes, the billing cycle for your expensive TV you purchased with a credit card will certainly occur on time :D


Regards,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by John Kotches
Mikey,


Yes, the billing cycle for your expensive TV you purchased with a credit card will certainly occur on time :D
Or the "invitation" from my favorite video magazine admonishing me that I better renew my subscription within the next thirty days so I won't miss any of the exciting issues scheduled for July of 2005.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
Bravo HD is currently running an eight hour programming loop. DirecTV may have capacity for one more HD channel on 110, or two if they move the Chinese package, so they will be very selective about what HD they add until February or so.


I'd speculate that they don't add Bravo HD until February, but rather use the bandwidth they have for Starz Theater HD and/or Starz HD.
I agree, I would rather DirecTV not waste the limited bandwidth on Bravo HD and use it for Starz Theater HD and/or Starz HD. There is a broader offering with Starz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
I'd sure like to see it happen anytime before next summer. The Bravo website claims a lot of live HD Olympic coverage will be carried on BravoHD+ and I'd sure like to see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GenoV
I'd sure like to see it happen anytime before next summer. The Bravo website claims a lot of live HD Olympic coverage will be carried on BravoHD+ and I'd sure like to see it.
I'd be really surprised (and disappointed) if that didn't happen. DirecTV is going to have to increase their HD package to remain competitive with the superdish, cable, etc., and there have even been statements from Newscorp indicating that they intend to focus on HD. They should have plenty of available bandwidth towards the beginning of the year to add several HD channels, and I would think BravoHD+ would be an obvious choice (especially with their upcoming Olympics coverage).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,399 Posts
Imagine the new HD sets that will sell if a dealer can feature the Olympics display on his showroom floor.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,895 Posts
Great, Ansek. So many of us with HD have such short memories.

After John Sie has done everything he could to kill HD, let's all send him some of our money for his Starz HD package.

Not in this lifetime - or even the next - will the anti-HD Starz folks get a penny of mine no matter what they put out in HD.

Give me Bravo and soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,084 Posts
I'll be impartial and vote for Bravo, both varieties of Starz, and Cinemax HD as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fredfa
Great, Ansek. So many of us with HD have such short memories.

After John Sie has done everything he could to kill HD, let's all send him some of our money for his Starz HD package.

Not in this lifetime - or even the next - will the anti-HD Starz folks get a penny of mine no matter what they put out in HD.

Give me Bravo and soon.
My memory is not short by any stretch but when one compares content, Starz has more to offer.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top